You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import CorelDRAW files

• Staff

I think Andy Somerfield is making our stance on file import quite clear here - if there's enough demand then we'll try our best - although one step at a time. Hopefully we're already quickly becoming one of the most compatible applications there is! :)

Thanks,

Matt

• 2 months later...

Thanks, Matt -- CDR import should be relatively easy and I'm sure you'll solve it one Friday.

You just need to be aware that there are two file formats: the ,old' one (version 5 to 14) and the new one, based on XHTML and ZIP ((version 15 onwards) that comes wirh an entirely new text engine and new colour management.

My suggestion is to do the ,new' format only -- Corel can open files from about 15 years back (v 5) and it's not very expensive to buy a version x5 (four years old), open older files and save them in the new format to be imported.

The other way round (backsaving as version x4 from newer files) works nicely as well, but some of the text and the effects get jumbeled up occasionally; importing the new format is the saver way.