You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bitmap Textures

Is there going to be any way to fill an object with a bitmap instead of just colour or gradient?  I know this is a much used feature in my drawing examples using DrawPlus.

I can't see any way of doing this at present!

MacBookPro 15-inch mid 2010 intel core I7,  NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.

Hi Sean, with the Fill tool selected the Context toolbar has a Type drop-down that includes a Bitmap option, but for non-tiled bitmaps and textures it's probably more flexible to clip bitmaps within vector shapes. Paint the texture/place bitmap on a raster layer then clip it within a vector shape by dragging and dropping the raster layer onto the vector object in the Layers palette. That gives you easy control over the look of the bitmap/texture independently of the vector.

HTH, Dale.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

Ah!   Thanks Dale, I had been searching all over the right hand side in the tabs there to see how a texture could be used.  Also the help files search brought no text up on the subject - I thought it odd that a texture couldn't be used!

Just used it and it's just what I would wish for the way I go about my work.

MacBookPro 15-inch mid 2010 intel core I7,  NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.