You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What is the link to get to Affinity Photo  forum so I can search for certain items such as the lasso too, pen tool & etc.???

Hints by other users of tool usage.

Edited by DonS
forgot on affinity forum

There are a couple of videos that cover the Freehand Selection tool (aka lasso) Google . . .

Affinity Photo - Making Selections

Affinity Photo - Freehand Selection Tool

information on using the pen tool is a lot harder to find. 

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY & I VIEW THEM PRIOR TO POSTING.  When I am on the background layer and use the lasso tool  I am not making the selection right even thou trying new selection, adding, with any of the selection tools like free hand selection.  I Duplicated background copy and still no results.  I added a pixel layer and still no results so wanted to see a video and found the two you replied with.  On the selection tools I have tried lasso, free hand, and etc with no results.   I even brought up a picture and tried the free hand selection tool on the eyes to adjust but the marching ants does to appear when closing the circle.  What is really puzzling to me is on a blank white page 8 1/2 x 11 the rectangle tool, Elliptical tool, & lasso works????

When you are in the Questions section (or another forum section, and click into the Search field in the upper right, there is a scope that flies out to the left and defaults to either the forum section you are in, or to all...And you can also choose which section from that flyout.

capture-001364.png.09fa4f589f1cf80747d4c74e0000d550.png

• Staff
35 minutes ago, DonS said:

THANKS FOR THE REPLY & I VIEW THEM PRIOR TO POSTING.  When I am on the background layer and use the lasso tool  I am not making the selection right even thou trying new selection, adding, with any of the selection tools like free hand selection.  I Duplicated background copy and still no results.  I added a pixel layer and still no results so wanted to see a video and found the two you replied with.  On the selection tools I have tried lasso, free hand, and etc with no results.   I even brought up a picture and tried the free hand selection tool on the eyes to adjust but the marching ants does to appear when closing the circle.  What is really puzzling to me is on a blank white page 8 1/2 x 11 the rectangle tool, Elliptical tool, & lasso works????

Hi DonS,
Check the Feather value in the context toolbar. Set it to 0 and you should see the marching ants again.

You are so knowledgeable with the forum and helped me out so many times.  I have tried to in the url address come up with it so in the forum it takes me to the page so you can search item in the forum but have not found it.  Replied above did not take me to a URL with search engine in it.  Please supply the link to get to it if you can.  Thanks again.

I think you're looking in the wrong place, Don! If you go to the very top of the page, on the right-hand side you should see your avatar and username, with the Notifications bell and the Messages envelope immediately to the left of that. Below those items there's a grey search box, and clicking on it will make it become lighter (and expand as Mike has described). Choose a different option from the dropdown list to change the scope of the search.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)