You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reproducable crash the second time you try to export a document. Works fine for the first time, crashes the second time when you select the menu "export". After restart same behaviour ...
Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

I should make it a general topic.

The problem exists in AP in the same way (I assume it's the same codebase) ... No way I can export more than one document without an unhandled exception.

Cheers, Timo

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2

Nope, happens in both ....

Short explanation: I'm dragging an external jpg into AD, adding an asset, adjusting the settings, exporting the document - and trying to do the same procedure again!

Attempt 1

Export1.mp4
(got killed when dragging another picture)

Attempt 2:

export2.mp4
(Instantly got killed)

Attempt 3:
Export3.mp4
(This is the normal situation ... clicking on export finishes the app ...)

SInce I was trying around a bit with the circumstances this bug occurs: it seems to be related to the setting I make the first time in the export dialog. Maybe switching to bicubic or reducing jpg quality to 80%. It did not occur, when I kept the settings as they were ...

Cheers, Timo

Hi. I think I got it cracked... to reproduce.

Open Affinity and new document
Export and change from bilinear to bicubic OR the quality OR something - change something
Exports fine 1st time
Close that document in Affinity
Create new document
Export...
ERROR!!!! WARNING WILL ROBINSON!!!! ERROR!!!! :o:o

Seems Assets are not necessarily the prob, but closing after export and something with changing options on first export????

Regards
Hugh

Edit: don't even insert content and the program crashes...

Affinity Beta 1.6.0.81 Win10

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

We believe this was fixed from beta build #82 onwards

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.