You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have recently got affinity photo for iPad and am having a variety of issues.  I use a Sony a7ii and can't load raw files.  Dodge and burn refuses to work for me.  I have iPad Pro 10.5.  Other things are problematic at times.

please advise..  

• Staff

Hi Colinbe,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The Sony Alpha ILCE-7 II is a supported camera. How are you opening the RAW file? From Apple Photos, iCloud, SD card? Can you give us more details? Make sure you are running the latest version of Affinity Photo for iPad (1.6.4). It was updated two weeks ago.

Regarding the Dodge and Burn: are you dodging/burning with the correct layer selected (it must be a pixel layer not an image layer type - you can check this looking at the label in all caps right above the layer's name in the Layers Studio). If it's an Image layer you must rasterize it first selecting the layer in the Layers Studio, tapping the three dots on the top left of the interface then selecting Rasterise ▸ Rasterise. Only pixel layers can be edited at a pixel level. Image layers (images you place on the document using the menu More (the three dots icon) ▸ Place ▸ Place form Photos/cloud) are considered objects (they retain the original image quality) and can only be transformed (scale, rotate, skew) globally. They cannot be edited at a pixel level as required by the dodge and burn operations.

Also, have you checked the opacity of the Dodge and Burns tools - is it set to 0% or a very low value? They may be working correctly but producing very subtle results due to the opacity value.