You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

expose the API for programmers

As a programmer I doubt im the only one who'd enjoy having the power and complexity of Affinity Photo as a library for image editing programically. Say making a image classification network and using this for preprocessing. You already have most of this made as its highly likely your GUI just calls methods from some proprietary library you bundle with your software, so why not just document it and let ppl that pay for your products use it in our code? of course have a TOS that dont allow us to make another photo editor using your library but it would be nice to have for doing preproccessing or other fun projects. Like a discord bot to apply some fun visual effects to images users upload.

If you ask me this would give you a new market to advertise to, the developer market, a market that is lacking in comptitision for minimal work.  

Sorry for my bad english Im dyslextic

If developers were able to create fancy plugins, then lots of people would be delighted.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

• 3 months later...

I would really really like an API for Affinity Designer and Photo. I have lots of plugins I would like to create or get if available.

An addition if an API would be present would hopefully be a plugin gallery/mall where you can "easier" find plugins, extensions etc for the softwares.

ATM I haven't found a place where it's "easy" to find more assets etc so quite a bit of time is used to create pretty much everything from scratch which is useless if there would be a way for the community to easly share content to each other.

Personally I would be willing to pay if there where a marketplace although open source is important in my opinion