You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to make corners more rounded?

• Staff

The Corner Tool doesn't work there on the rectangle because it only works with sharp corners. In your example each of these corners is composed by two nodes neither of which is sharp so there's "nothing" to round.

no_sharp corners.png

If you convert/rework the corner to have one single sharp node as in the clip below you can then use the corner tool to round it as much as you want.

sharp_corner.gif.ac83f9dbd24550bf244caf9b940ac9a3.gif

Yeah, it would be easier to just replace that square with the round corners with a regular square and then you can use the corner tool to select all 4 points and then round them how you want. Wait, let me finish this leftover chinese food (my favorite breakfast) and I will throw together a video.

(5 minutes later)

Been itching to try out my Screenflow 7 upgrade anyway,

-Mark

Hello MEB, thank you for your kind advice!

I have tried to delete one of the two nodes at the corner with the Node tool and then drag the remaining node back to the exact sharp corner position. But that is almost impossible to do exactly. Or are there any tools to do this exactly?

• Staff
5 minutes ago, PeterPanino said:

Hello MEB, thank you for your kind advice!

I have tried to delete one of the two nodes at the corner with the Node tool and then drag the remaining node back to the exact sharp corner position. But that is almost impossible to do exactly. Or are there any tools to do this exactly?

Press ⇧ (shift) while dragging the nodes to keep them aligned (make sure you have snapping enabled). See the shortcuts i pressed in my clip while i was doing those operations (dragging the first node horizontally).

Let me know if you still have trouble.

No, I understand MEB, but hey at least we tackled the problem/issue in different ways and the more options and input the forum gets the better. Just curious, how do you assemble videos and post them here? I wish more people would give it a go, I find it really easy with the tools that are available, some are free, some cost a bit, but so worth it. 

15 minutes ago, Scungio said:

Yeah, it would be easier to just replace that square with the round corners with a regular square and then you can use the corner tool to select all 4 points and then round them how you want. Wait, let me finish this leftover chinese food (my favorite breakfast) and I will throw together a video.

(5 minutes later)

Been itching to try out my Screenflow 7 upgrade anyway,

-Mark

Scungio, thank you so much!!! Your video helped me to duplicate your solution and it works perfectly!

I have learned so much here and I want to thank you all!

Have a nice weekend!

• 6 months later...
On 26/08/2017 at 7:19 AM, MEB said:

The Corner Tool doesn't work there on the rectangle because it only works with sharp corners. In your example each of these corners is composed by two nodes neither of which is sharp so there's "nothing" to round.

Thks a lot MEB!

I'm loving that app.

On 26/08/2017 at 0:03 PM, Scungio said:

No, I understand MEB, but hey at least we tackled the problem/issue in different ways and the more options and input the forum gets the better. Just curious, how do you assemble videos and post them here? I wish more people would give it a go, I find it really easy with the tools that are available, some are free, some cost a bit, but so worth it. 

I use either Camtasia or Screenflow, mainly Camtasia at the moment but I'm liking Screenflow more and more. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions