You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bezier Drawing Spacebar Modifier

I apologize if this has already been requested.

I have not purchased the app, but with everything else that I've tested so far, if this feature was in there, I would have purchased on the spot. I can't imagine it would be too hard to implement either.

When drawing a bezier curve, shift and option both have separate modifiers that perform as I would expect, but I deeply miss the spacebar modifier from Adobe Illustrator. That is, when you are in the midst of drawing a curve on a line, if you hold spacebar, you stop modifying the placement of the control point and instead translate the position of base point. This is great for when you need to slightly adjust the placement, after you have already placed the point. After you let go of spacebar, you can continue to modify the control points until you let go of the mouse and create the next curve on the line.

I hope this was clear enough. I want this to replace my Illustrator!

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This is a small feature, but one that really would improve the experience for me. This feature save time while using the pen tool because you can adjust the points on the fly without having to break the flow of work to switch tools. I don't think I've had a session working in Affinity Designer that it hasn't irritated me a little that I couldn't use the spacebar to adjust the location of a node while placing it.

Really hope it's implemented soon!