Jump to content
Mark Ingram

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.81

Recommended Posts

This beta works very well for me. It looks like you are finally approaching a new stable release :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working with Layers and brushes is completely messing up now.
Used Brushes (light rays). Wanted to see the difference with and w/o.
Here i show this is messing up. Only the last merged layer is shown or the brushes, but the original layer w/o the brushes does not appear anymore. :-( 
-> Real - Estate brochure photography.

Merged images_Shows All .JPG

Selection show Brushes only.JPG

Selection wo view.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, carl123 said:

Bug (windows 8.0)

Open any image

Add an adjustment (e,g, exposure)

Can't switch off image in layers panel

i.e. has no effect until you zoom in or out

 

Same with shapes etc

Seems to be a problem when adding adjustment

 

EDIT: Now happening in documents without any adjustment layer(s)

 

Hi, I know the cause of this, and will have it fixed in the next version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WMax70 said:

Started perfomance testing for langer real estate work.

...
I think serious performance increase is possible just by enabling the use of more cores.

 

Hi, we do scale across all cores in your system, though it can depend on the operation that you're performing. Because there are interactions between the code that runs on each core, it means that cores can end up waiting for others to complete. What test were you performing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dominik said:

 

I just followed your steps (under Windows 10) and can switch off the image layer with no problem. Do you mean switching off by unticking at the very right end of the layer?

 

d.

I'm getting this problem under Windows 10.  If I add an B&W adjustment layer (for example) to a background layer I can turn the adjustment layer off and on but with the background layer I have to use the zoom tool (only one I've tried) after unticking or ticking the background layer visibility in order for it to change the visibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, c_moon said:

I'm getting this problem under Windows 10.  If I add an B&W adjustment layer (for example) to a background layer I can turn the adjustment layer off and on but with the background layer I have to use the zoom tool (only one I've tried) after unticking or ticking the background layer visibility in order for it to change the visibility. 

 

It seems Mark knows already about this bug and he is going to fix it in the next beta:

 

 


Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Highlight and shadow sliders  are needing some attention  they just don't work very well  will they be fixed in the next version

as I edit a lot of photos the highlight/shadow is C-R-P  to say the least I use Affinity  latest version  and have now moved to On1 Photo Raw  for editing my raw files

just works so much better  but I want to use Affinity for other uses  so please look at this problem

I use win 10  64bit  and high speck laptop 64gig ram Nivida 980 graphics i7 6820H processor  so nothing wrong with my hardware

 

Thanks

Tom G  Scotland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, crlogic said:

Batch jobs are ignoring the JPEG ICC Profile option.  Running this on a number of AdobeRGB TIFF's exports AdobeRGB JPEG's :(

 

H crlogic

 

This is a general issue that affects both platforms, this has been logged

 

Cheers


Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the document is closed, the application hangs. The image disappears, but the panel with a cross is closed.

me to

when i open two pictures or to .afphoto (with layers)

and want to close one of them

its impossible ! wait wait wait and force ( with "ctr+alt+del")because "affinity"not responding

and lost all work

not exceptionnal  but every time ....

win 7 x64 16go i5

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the betas have not been to bad, until this one. I open a file, close it and the program freezes. After opening the program 4 to 5 times it will not open anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, newty said:

When the document is closed, the application hangs. The image disappears, but the panel with a cross is closed.

me to

when i open two pictures or to .afphoto (with layers)

and want to close one of them

its impossible ! wait wait wait and force ( with "ctr+alt+del")because "affinity"not responding

and lost all work

not exceptionnal  but every time ....

win 7 x64 16go i5

thanks

 

While not every time as noted above, this happens 75% of the time for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27-8-2017 at 9:32 PM, Mark Ingram said:

 

Hi, we do scale across all cores in your system, though it can depend on the operation that you're performing. Because there are interactions between the code that runs on each core, it means that cores can end up waiting for others to complete. What test were you performing?

For speed testing I used : Cinebench and saw in speeds tests online that they used Adobe Photoshop for tests.
What I did is a photo stacking test and when done just curves, live high pass filter.
The PC often shows, "pc is not reacting". So I have to wait until the processing is finished.
In my experience, this is nothing faster on any of my PC's  I have hardly any noticeable speed difference.
If you compare it into eg cinebench, or on Adobe you'll see noticeable rendering difference so there is a serious difference the way they access / use the processor performance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Filters --> Apply Image --> check Equations box

 

Problem: Equation Color Space boxes are "empty" until you click on them (per the screenshot).

 

59a77951a29f3_AffinityBug2017-08-30_22-47-01.jpg.2e952a16b7212361be26eac1feed05c7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crlogic said:

Filters --> Apply Image --> check Equations box

 

Problem: Equation Color Space boxes are "empty" until you click on them (per the screenshot).

 

59a77951a29f3_AffinityBug2017-08-30_22-47-01.jpg.2e952a16b7212361be26eac1feed05c7.jpg

Thanks for that - it looks to be a text colour issue when using Light UI. I'll get it passed onto development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a few bugs. The Inpainting Brush Tool only works if "Current Layer" is chosen as source. Choosing "Current Layer & Below" does nothing. And under some circumstances (unfortunately I cannot say what conditions must be fulfilled) the Info Panel does not show any info. I've attached a screenshot of the concerned photo.

 

P.S. The cursor was within the image while I was taking the screenshot. The info concerning the values of the different color channels should definitely have been shown just as they normally are if I place the cursor within an image.

Info_Panel_Not_Working.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, altae said:

Found a few bugs. The Inpainting Brush Tool only works if "Current Layer" is chosen as source. Choosing "Current Layer & Below" does nothing. And under some circumstances (unfortunately I cannot say what conditions must be fulfilled) the Info Panel does not show any info. I've attached a screenshot of the concerned photo.

 

P.S. The cursor was within the image while I was taking the screenshot. The info concerning the values of the different color channels should definitely have been shown just as they normally are if I place the cursor within an image.

The Inpainting issue is a known problem and has been reported to development. Regarding the Info Panel it looks as though you've removed any samplers from your document. If you click the Panel Preferences button clicking 'Add New Sampler' does that help? However you should at least see some dashes under W,H,D and A without any samplers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply. Adding samplers has indeed fixed the problem. My bad, maybe I accidentally removed them without noticing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kaze said:

I have a lot of crashes using inpainting tool on large areas.

Are you able to attach an image you are trying to inpaint (also what area of the image) so we can try and reproduce it please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2017 at 3:27 PM, crlogic said:

I get a crash a third of the time when I go File --> Export.  I sent in a bug report using the popup reporter after it crashes.

This is a known issue and has been fixed for the next beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sean P said:

This is a known issue and has been fixed for the next beta.

 

Thanks!  Can't wait for the next beta, this revision has been one of the less stable builds so far.  Appreciate the hard work and letting us feel the pain ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.