You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.0.81

On 9/1/2017 at 4:00 AM, Sean P said:

Hi federix,
There is a known crash when entering Export the second time, which is with development to fix so it sounds like you keep bumping into this.

On 9/1/2017 at 7:16 AM, Mark Ingram said:

It has been fixed for the next beta.

Thanks a lot for the reply, Sean and Mark! :)

Federico de Aquino

Affinity Designer build 1.5.0.36 on Windows 10 Pro Build 14393.479  - Intel Core i3-2330M 2.20GHz CPU -  4,00 GB RAM - 64-bit - Wacom Bamboo CTL-470 (driver 5.3.5-3)

1 hour ago, fuffle said:

ad_ui_toobar.jpg

I can see that the ruler in the beta version is missing a lot of tick marks, but I'm not getting that here. Is the document DPI set to the same value in both cases?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

I can see that the ruler in the beta version is missing a lot of tick marks, but I'm not getting that here. Is the document DPI set to the same value in both cases?

The screenshot for the beta is showing less of the ruler than the other screenshot so I suspect the tick marks are all OK.

I think fuffle could have helped a lot with a short description of what he was trying to show us rather than us having to play silly guessing games

But have a look at the Opacity slider.. In the beta version the box with shadow effect is missing

I presume this is what he is trying to point out but then again who knows

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Document does not update unless you zoom in or out. Example: Create a new document. On a first layer draw anything. Create a second layer and use the Rectangle Tool to create a red square. Create another layer and draw a blue circle with the Ellipse Tool. (Color and Tools used does not matter)...

Now click the check box to hide the first layer (at the bottom) or the second one in the middle, The drawing does not update, you have to zoom in or out to get it updated. The same problem exist in Photo beta.81 (reported).

The problem occurs on any layer except the one at the top when there is three layers or more.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

21 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

It took me a while, but I assume he's highlighting the missing drop shadow. The drop shadows aren't coming back, but we are going to add a keyline around the popups so that the edges are more obvious.

That would be great. Sometimes the color matches that of another element and it gets a bit confusing.

Best regards!