You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.0.81

I am having a similar issue with the node adjustment and the transform panel (AD)

If you use the Wacom Pen to adjust the slider it is 'sticky' with the value set at 0 deg. Also flickers significantly

Also value fails increment in the input box when using keyboard arrow keys

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

On 26/8/2017 at 10:06 AM, MikeW said:

Works for me...unless I am misunderstanding you.

After selecting multiple nodes with the Node Tool (A), you CAN move them together pointing out the cursor over a selected node and dragging it. It works in both ways (with the mouse and with the arrow keys)...

I'm having an overall problem with this version. It shuts down unexpectedly every 15-30min. Everytime it shut down I think I did something else or used a different function of the program, so it's pretty hard to tell were the problem arises from.

Also the export does not work properly anymore: When selecting something and then hitting strg+alt +shift+s, selecting "selection without/with background" the export is all distorded in either its length or its width. It seems like, that the program tries to make the selected elements fit to the artboard/document sizes and don't updates the proper witdh/height just for the selected items on export...

58 minutes ago, JohaWeber said:

I'm having an overall problem with this version. It shuts down unexpectedly every 15-30min. Everytime it shut down I think I did something else or used a different function of the program, so it's pretty hard to tell were the problem arises from.

Do you get a crash reference?

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

Do you get a crash reference?

Do you mean a pop up dialogue after the crash to send a report? If yes: Yes almost everytime. Almost. Perhaps of 10 crashes 8 times I got the dialogue.

Right now, I just selected and moved an element (with just some anchorpoints) and then I reviewed the artwork for 1-2 min - Aaaaand it crashed. :D Did nothing! Literally!

22 minutes ago, JohaWeber said:

Do you mean a pop up dialogue after the crash to send a report? If yes: Yes almost everytime. Almost. Perhaps of 10 crashes 8 times I got the dialogue.

Right now, I just selected and moved an element (with just some anchorpoints) and then I reviewed the artwork for 1-2 min - Aaaaand it crashed. :D Did nothing! Literally!

Can you attach a screenshot of the crash reference dialog? It will have a code that I can use to locate your crash, so I can investigate it.

6 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Can you attach a screenshot of the crash reference dialog? It will have a code that I can use to locate your crash, so I can investigate it.

Well, there is no code or crash reference in the dialogue... just an input field to get you a message and a paragraph and a "submit" or "send" button (IDK exactly)...

Also want to mention: the quick export feature does not honor artboard or document bounds when selected "whole document" in "area"-dropdown. An image that exceeds the artboard or document bounds automatically will set the new dimensions for quick export dialogue - the selected file type (png, jpeg etc) does not matter and also it doesn't matter if the the smaller artboard, nothing (respective: document bounds) or group with a clip-path and the image to clip the image is selected prior to pressing the quick-export shortcut (ctrl+alt+shift+s). seems like this behaviour also breaks the "selection with background" and "selection without background" behaviour...

EDIT: Now when creating a completely new version with the new Beta-Version, I even can't select anything in the "area"-dropdown. No matter if artboard created, selected a specific layer or group - it is always greyed out and is set to "whole document".

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:51 PM, MEB said:

Hi HagensWatch,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can perform math operations in the input fields already. Check this help topic for details.

Are there any plans to let the calculations you make in input fields parse in realtime like it is on the mac version right now?

I loved how in the affinity photo tutorials, the calculation in for example the equations filter is done while typing it in, and I noticed you have to unfocus the field in Windows in order for it to parse.

• Staff
On 8/26/2017 at 11:30 AM, Ian R said:

Great that you updating so often!

Ctrl+scale doesn't resize around centre point

This is working for me! Holding down Ctrl and using the nodes on the edge of the object. Is there any specific object you're finding it doesn't work with or all of them?

CtrlResize.thumb.gif.392d8fdc7776678c6fbcc77e2bf6c049.gif

On 8/26/2017 at 2:08 PM, Ian R said:

I can move the selected multiple nodes using the cursor keys, but not with the mouse using the node tool.

Again this is working fine for me by dragging from a node.

MoveNodes.thumb.gif.55ebc69414d9d1bad7eb8761922f0d73.gif

• Staff
On 8/26/2017 at 11:41 AM, R34V3r said:

awesome,

loading EPS files causes a crash though,
I did not have that issue in the .80 beta

Would you be able to attach some troublesome EPS files please? I've just tried opening a few and none are crashing for me.

File has been uploaded and issue fixed.

14 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Would you be able to attach your document shown in the screenshot please?

i'm sorry i just closed my work without save it, but i created new document, then there is no problem rightnow, i guess maybe that was my fault forgot to not set export "area". to be honest before i updated, the default is about "area : whole document" . thanks

On 27/08/2017 at 2:19 PM, dutchshader said:

looks like with the mouse buttons pressed the node is rotating around the handles, i could not find out what the rotation point is when using the transform panel.

also when i use the transform panel the rotation is gone a soon as i click on one of the nodes.

I can't rotate with the mouse, and there is no indication that I can do it.

Also, rotated nodes don't stay in place no matter what. Any subsequent action (including another rotation) undoes it. Will this be fixed in the next build?

Once this is fixed, scaling nodes would be useful as well!

Edited by rubs
Oops

• Staff
2 minutes ago, MickRose said:

Setting text to flow round a circle. I can't move the red marks. Seems to not work with any shape.

Mick

Hi Mick,

This was an existing issue that was meant to have been fixed, however it looks like it may have crept back in! I'll get it passed back to development.

Hi, I have experienced three crashes with this 1.6.0.81 build - with the same actions:

• changed document resolution, from 600 dpi to 300 dpi - rescaling
  • and then clicking export, crash!

It happened three times, but many other times it worked well - by the way, I have mostly not seen many crashes while using the betas.

I couldn't find any crash report where it was supposed to be - appdata>roaming>affinity>designer>1.0(beta)>crashreports - although the empty folder has its date updated as it was modified today at the crash event...

I hope it could contribute to further success toward the next stable release.

Thanks for all efforts; I am enjoying a lot the beta features, specially as the wacom experience got smoother - minor improvements still needed though - and perceived from the .80 to .81 build that some actions are now lighter for my cpu, as it is not turning on the coolers as frequently as it was.

Thanks again!!

Federico de Aquino

Affinity Designer build 1.5.0.36 on Windows 10 Pro Build 14393.479  - Intel Core i3-2330M 2.20GHz CPU -  4,00 GB RAM - 64-bit - Wacom Bamboo CTL-470 (driver 5.3.5-3)