You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Most obstructive Workflow issue

Since I'm trying to work with AP and AD nearly on a daily base I'd like to point out one of the (from my working experience) most anoying and down-slowing topics of AD and AP. It's the lacking ability to save hardly ANY (user defined) setting within the program! Mainly when it comes to content of dialogs, standard presets, program or document relateds setting ... hardly anything is saved and can be recalled in any way so one hast to start all over and over again entering the same values. What a constant waste of time you are requesting from your users! Setting the gaussian blur values for each photo again and again, changing from a bilinear sample method to bicubic, an unsharp mask filter that always and unchangeable starts with unsuitable initial values ... this list is nearly as long as the featurelist of the programs. And sadly enough the standard setting in many ways are completely useless!

I'm very aware that there is quite some programming effort involved to change this ... settings can be document depending, session depending or a general setting. It may lead to changes in document format and program setting (what is obviously something developers try to avaoid). But please tell AP and AD users, that you are aware of this problem and you're trying to fix it!

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• Staff

Hi DarkClown,

I don't know if the dev team is currently working/addressing this issue - only one of the devs can confirm this - but this is a known issue. We started implementing sticky settings for some tools in version 1.5 and it will be likely expanded to other areas of the program. As you pointed out it touches/imply changes/adjustments to different areas/aspects of the software so it may take a little until we get there but we are aware of these limitations.

Thanks for the quick answer! I'm more than happy to support you with a list of dialogs and topics where saving settings and presets from my perspective is essential. With support of other users we might be able to get a comprehensive list of areas where to focus on (from a users perspective)...

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com