You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text On Path Handles Not Working: AD 1.6.0 Beta 7 & 8

When using artistic text tool the orange/red triangle handles do not work at all: AD 1.6.0 Beta 7 (and now 8).

I'm a bit surprised I don't see others reporting this so I'm guessing it might be on my end.

(I've restarted the program several times, but haven't done a hard restart. What is it again? Hold down cmd?)

13 minutes ago, JimmyJack said:

(I've restarted the program several times, but haven't done a hard restart. What is it again? Hold down cmd?)

Unusually (since for other things Ctrl on Windows is Cmd on a Mac) to display the Clear User Data dialog on either type of OS you need to press the Ctrl key and keep it held down while you launch the program. All a bit drastic, and probably unnecessary since @MEB has confirmed the issue!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On August 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Alfred said:

...All a bit drastic, and probably unnecessary since @MEB has confirmed the issue!

Thanks. Yes, a bit drastic. That's why I was avoiding it until after posting.

Thanks MEB.

And I see now that Beta 8 is out. Fingers crossed :D.

(Edit: I see MEBs answer below. Will amend the title so people are aware... and won't repost for 8.)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.