You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I don't know if I should get affinity due to the lack of apparent support. UK resident here btw.

It doesn't appear that there is any easy way to get support other than through the forum which might be disappointing (lets see). Either way I think only having a forum for support is pretty bad so I hope that's not the only way I can get support especially with regards to billing. (How to use the software support makes sense to have on the forum I can live with that.)

1) I would like to purchase a licence on windows but I am used to using photoshop at home on pc and on mac at work and ... well anywhere I like by signing in and out as I please for £120 a year I might add. Is it true that I need to buy a licence for windows and one for mac? I don't actually mind this considering the price, it seems fair and I would like to contribute to the development to create some much needed competition for Adobe.

2) How often will there be upgrades and what is the cost going to be to upgrade?

3) I format my windows machine twice a year. How easy is it to get affinity re-installed onto my windows machine? I have 3 machines at home actually and I would ideally like to be able to use it on all of them (not at the same time of course). Is that possible?

• Staff

Hi dirkus,

You can contact support on the forum or by social media you are also able to Email us directly using affinitysupport@serif.com

You will need to purchase a separate copy for the Mac and Windows but you can install the software on as many Mac's or PC's that you own.

We are continually updating the software and these updates are included with the cost of the software.

The downloads of the software will always be available for download from your Appstore Purchase history for Mac and your Affinity account for Windows.

58 minutes ago, dirkus said:

It doesn't appear that there is any easy way to get support other than through the forum which might be disappointing (lets see).

I think you will find that support through the forums is outstanding, quite possibly among if not the best from any commercial software developer. Not only are the staff quick to reply to almost every inquiry, there are many users willing & eager to share what they know about almost any topic you can imagine, including where the Affinity products need work or another app would be a better choice.

If that is not enough, occasionally the developers, the people who actually write the code, will take the time to post replies about technical issues. What other commercial support site offers that?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7