You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

For what little it is worth, I downloaded the Glamor font from http://fontm.com/glamor-font/ to test its usability. The first thing I noticed was while that page says, "OTF & TTF files are in attached ZIP folders," only TTF fonts were in the zip file I got by clicking on the green Download button.

I decided to install only one of the TTF files for testing & picked the Glamor-Medium.ttf file for that. When I tried to install it using Font Book, I got a warning:

599eaa51ae3e0_prblemsfound.png.f1c7765791c9f6f0668db9673f2c971c.png

It took several tries to install this font file (I don't know why, could be some dumb error on my part) but I got the same "?" when I tried to use it in Affinity Designer. It works OK in TextEdit but my guess is there is something about the 'name' table usability or structure warnings that makes it incompatible with Affinity.

EDIT: I also had a lot of trouble removing this font after testing -- Font Book did eventually move it to the trash after several tries but it continued to show up in the All Fonts list until I quit & restarted Font Book. I think there is something wrong with the font, at least for the version I got from this web site.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

No idea if this will work or not, but I noticed it earlier - and it'll cost you nothing to try…

Preferences > Miscellaneous > Reset Fonts

Worth a shot, especially since you've described having used the font with Affinity Designer projects in the past…

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2017 at 9:46 PM, GaryLearnTech said:

Not knowing what this button really does in detail and therefore not using it yet: I experienced that also deactivating + reactivating an affected font in the computers font manager might solve such an issue.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Looking at the selection of data that can be reset, I'd guess that each Affinity application builds its own caches and uses that data to speed up day-to-day operations.  Reseting, say, Fonts would then clear the relevant cached data and cause it to be rebuilt afresh.

In cases where the cached data has somehow become corrupted and has begun to cause problems, discarding the cached data and recreating it would resolve some of those problems.

@thomaso in the case you describe, that might be the equivalent of a "micro reset" - causing the cached data for an individual font to be first cleared and then recreated.  But that's just a guess.  

Anyways, glad my old comment was able to help @Father ODD Creations:)

—— Gary ——

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

On 8/24/2017 at 12:46 PM, GaryLearnTech said:

I know you are using a Mac, but is this v1.7.1.404 or a later Beta?
Because this setting does not appear in the Windows v1.7.1.404 version of either Designer or Publisher.
Thanks.

Hi @LibreTraining This same preference panel appears in each of the Mac versions of Designer, Photo and Publisher.  My versions are each simply v1.7.1, with Designer and Photo coming from Apple's Mac App Store and Publisher coming from Serif's own store.  No beta versions.

I don't recall the exact list of options that would have been available when this thread originally ran just under two years ago but if it wasn't the exact same as now, it wasn't far off it.  In other words, not much has changed for this on the Mac version.  image.png.492d74b8d575f1d47c7b7b9cd9d05bbd.png

A more detailed version of this exists - at least it does on the Mac - if you hold down ctrl-option (aka ctrl-alt) when the app is launched.  I've seen this mentioned here several times over the years.  I would imagine you'd have something similar on your Windows version - production or beta.  This screenshot obviously shows the options for Designer. Photo has a few more options and Publisher one more option than Photo.

image.png.005192f42d6e4878480cb8e249182c3c.png

—— Gary ——