You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help with vectors rejected by Shutterstock

HI,

I am very new to the vector drawing idea, so exploring my way slowly.   I have a contributor account with Shutterstock and have tried creating some simple vector drawings for submission.

One problem I have is that if I use the Gradient Tool to create shading, then the EPS files submmitted to Shutterstck are always rejected, probably due to some rasterising issue. (I do select rasterise nothing in the export dialogue).   I know Shutterstock can be very picky about these things, so is there some set procedure to follow on AD that can make this work?  

Thanks.

rjmusto,

Hello, there have been some issues in the past with gradients that get rasterised when saved as an EPS. I don't know if the issues were ever resolved. Here is a great thread to read with plenty of information about the topic: 

Hokusai

Hi Hokusai,

Thanks a lot for the response - and for the link: very helpful.

So it seems that AD is just not capable of exporting shading/gradients in EPS in a way that is reliable for stock images. Pity, I like AD (and AP).

R

• Staff

Hi rjmusto,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

As you probably read on that thread there was a couple improvements introduced in version 1.6 (currently in Beta). I advise you to download it from here (it's usually pinned at the top of the respective section) and check if it does help/solve the issues you are having.