You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I created some custom profiles for my Canon iP6700D, using the Profile Prism app, for printing with Lightroom under Windows 10. I put the ICC file C\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color...with all the other Windows device profile files. I'm relatively new to Affinity photo, had it only a few months. When I print from Photo, I can't find the printer profiles I created and used in Lightroom, in the drop down lists. I also put the profiles in the Appdata\affinity\...\profiles folder (just in case), but still they don't show. When I do a reverse search e.g. in the drop down list in Photo|Edit|Print|Color Management, I see  "Canon 6700 Glossy Lightroom", but I can't find it on either my C: or D: drives. I did a full search for all "*.IC*" files, and didn't find the  "Canon 6700 Glossy Lightroom" string. Where does the Affinity drop down profile list come from and/or how do I get profiles into the list that aren't their now?

Thanks for the help (and I think Affinity Photo is an excellent app...a real competitor for PS at a reasonable price).

Update: I am doing some tests to see if vendor profiles will provide satisfactory results since my own custom print profiles are not "seen" bu Photo. I use Kirkland (Costco) photo paper with 3rd party inks on a Canon iP6700D printer, so I downloaded Glossy paper profiles for my printer from Red River, the photo paper supplier. Lo and behold, when I right clicked "Install Profile", these profiles did get installed and do show up in the "Color Management" drop down list in Photo. I don't know how these differ from the custom ICC files I created (and used successfully in Lightroom), but they are there. So I am going to test these profiles, along with the vendor supplied Canon profiles for glossy paper, and maybe I will hit on a good match. I'll keep the group posted.

On 23.8.2017 at 6:28 PM, Canucklehead said:

I created some custom profiles for my Canon iP6700D, using the Profile Prism app, for printing with Lightroom under Windows 10. I put the ICC file C\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color...with all the other Windows device profile files. I'm relatively new to Affinity photo, had it only a few months. When I print from Photo, I can't find the printer profiles I created and used in Lightroom, in the drop down lists. I also put the profiles in the Appdata\affinity\...\profiles folder (just in case), but still they don't show. When I do a reverse search e.g. in the drop down list in Photo|Edit|Print|Color Management, I see  "Canon 6700 Glossy Lightroom", but I can't find it on either my C: or D: drives. I did a full search for all "*.IC*" files, and didn't find the  "Canon 6700 Glossy Lightroom" string. Where does the Affinity drop down profile list come from and/or how do I get profiles into the list that aren't their now?

Thanks for the help (and I think Affinity Photo is an excellent app...a real competitor for PS at a reasonable price).

Hello Canucklehead,

wellcome to the forum.

Perhaps this answer in the forum solves your problem (click on the header link to see the entire message):

Basically it points to a menu entry called 'File / Import ICC Profile'.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Thanks for the input everyone. It didn't directly get me to the answer, but it did make me think of some other possibilities. I was looking for the filename of the profile to appear, whereas the profile was in the drop down list but as a "friendly name". For instance, Canon has an ICM profile filename "CNB80CA0.ICM" in the Windows ICC/ICM folder. In Affinity Photo (or Photoshop or Lightroom) Print drop down list it shows as "Canon iP6700D PR1". I was looking for the wrong label for my custom profiles.

Most profiles and their "friendly names" are the same but not here.

Thanks again for the input.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.