You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.6 - Beta 8)

• Staff
38 minutes ago, Nguyen Ha said:

I can use it normally in Adobe CC and AD&AF 1.5. If 1.6 version does not accept it, I have to switch back to Adobe :(

We're looking into this at the moment... There's definitely something wrong with these fonts (the PostScript name doesn't match the name reported by the system) but we don't like to introduce regressions or remove functionality unless necessary... We'll get back to you soon! (thanks for including the font files, it makes it much easier!)

Edit: Can I ask what the workaround you found is? :)

3 hours ago, MattP said:

We're looking into this at the moment... There's definitely something wrong with these fonts (the PostScript name doesn't match the name reported by the system) but we don't like to introduce regressions or remove functionality unless necessary... We'll get back to you soon! (thanks for including the font files, it makes it much easier!)

Much appreciate if you can fix it, for now I have to rename one by one and install to Font Book again. I have used Adobe for two weeks and miss the smoothness of AD so much.

Detail: http://www.iwebss.com/tech/540-fixing-fonts-with-validation-errors-on-mac

I really try to work with symbols, but whenever I do, after a single modification (in this case a simple colour update), all instances of that symbol are not synced and got the "dotted" style in the layers list… What's the point of a symbol if all its instances are not synced accordingly?

I have that particular issue since the first introduction of symbols (1.5 if I recall correctly).

59a88214b0103_ScreenShot2017-08-31at23_36_10.png.91b68473f7cd3f6c9368125d063bfeb9.png

This is so frustrating, I have to drag & drop the symbol all over again in my 10 artboards…

To clarify, my symbols are getting synced for a short time (presumably), when I create a symbol, I dispose some instances in artboards, they are synced.

But after a little while, if I decide to change something on the original symbol (or any instances actually), bam, they are not synced anymore.

I don't know when they stopped being synced (maybe at the exact same moment the change occurs?) because I usually work on large files with lots of artboards, I'm not constantly checking if my symbols instances are still synced.

• Staff
8 minutes ago, Tekikou said:

I guys, it's me again for another bug :P

This time it's a systematic crash while turning on the retina pixel view mode.

Steps to reproduce:

• Open the attached .afdesign file

• Turn on the Retina pixel view mode

crashFile.afdesign

*sigh* it works completely perfectly for me, no crash... Can I ask what operating system and view mode you're using? I've tried both Metal and OpenGL on Sierra and it's working fine. To be honest, I can't think of a single reason why 'retina pixel view mode' would crash anything, it's not doing anything other than drawing the document which it already did to show you anything in the first place! It's more likely that it's some kind of UI-related issue... Are you using light mode/dark mode? What happens if you restart Designer while holding the Ctrl key to reset everything - do you still get the problem?

Thanks again!

Matt

41 minutes ago, MattP said:

*sigh* it works completely perfectly for me, no crash... Can I ask what operating system and view mode you're using? I've tried both Metal and OpenGL on Sierra and it's working fine. To be honest, I can't think of a single reason why 'retina pixel view mode' would crash anything, it's not doing anything other than drawing the document which it already did to show you anything in the first place! It's more likely that it's some kind of UI-related issue... Are you using light mode/dark mode? What happens if you restart Designer while holding the Ctrl key to reset everything - do you still get the problem?

Thanks again!

Matt

Hi Matt!

Resetting everything did the trick! Thanks :D

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Tekikou said:

Hey @MattP, I was able to reproduce it even with cleared settings!

Check out this video:

AffinityCrash.mp4

And the corresponding crashlog:

crashlog.txt

Thank you! I suspect the important bit is that you chose the 'High quality' retina rendering - that's more likely to be the culprit... What happens if you don't choose that option? It will have no effect on the quality of the rendered result in the view, but it does have an effect on what happens when you move things around... But the Metal view actually has something very fancy in its pixel shader that means there's actually very little benefit for choosing the 'High quality' option and in most cases it just amounts to a slower document draw for no benefit... I may well take it out when you've got the Metal view mode on...

Thanks,

Matt

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

Thank you! I suspect the important bit is that you chose the 'High quality' retina rendering - that's more likely to be the culprit... What happens if you don't choose that option? It will have no effect on the quality of the rendered result in the view, but it does have an effect on what happens when you move things around... But the Metal view actually has something very fancy in its pixel shader that means there's actually very little benefit for choosing the 'High quality' option and in most cases it just amounts to a slower document draw for no benefit... I may well take it out when you've got the Metal view mode on...

Thanks,

Matt

With that option to "Automatic (best)", the app is not crashing, but the view gets really messy at 300% of zoom.

59a9686cd5ba6_ScreenShot2017-09-01at16_01_03.png.d71ea84d9b0d86524f06881e496909d4.png

Completely hosed. No tools, no Studio panels, cannot create New Document, really odd behavior, this and the current build of AP Mac too behave this way on OS X 10.9.5 Mac, early versions of Betas were fine, current release App store builds run fine. Just these last betas of AD and AP Mac. - Timber

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 8.40.00 PM.png

This is nothing urgent. It's just for the awareness. In random cases when joining paths together, the stroke size increases. Some times by little, some times by a lot.

20170903134735(1).mov

With that said, I know I've been quite active on the Designer beta topics and have been reporting every little thing I found. While I know that's the point, I hope I ain't driving ya crazy. Haha. :P

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks. I love how I'm always the last person I think of. And yes, now I'm bragging.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I found a very strange bug. In this particular pixel layer, I cannot sketch pass a certain point. It acts as if I have a crop mask. I also cannot be drawing behind anything, because there is only one layer above, and it's hidden.

20170905140054(1).mov

Here is the file if anyone wants to take a look. I don't think I'm overlooking anything.

3 Contents 1.afdesign

I have the suspicion that you rescaled the document, Brian, and continued to paint on the original pixel layer. By the way, I found a strange redrawing bug (non-Metal) by checking this out. Also the “Anchor to Page” parameter doesn’t seem to have an effect in the case of pixel layers (or rather the pixel canvases). Hmm. See my video. :)

Redraw.mov

15 hours ago, owenr said:

Brian, I don't know how the layer became corrupted but it can be repaired by Rasterize.

That's strange. That seems to do the trick.

6 hours ago, A_B_C said:

I have the suspicion that you rescaled the document, Brian, and continued to paint on the original pixel layer. By the way, I found a strange redrawing bug (non-Metal) by checking this out. Also the “Anchor to Page” parameter doesn’t seem to have an effect in the case of pixel layers (or rather the pixel canvases). Hmm. See my video. :)

Redraw.mov

That's a good catch, but I don't think it's the case here since I didn't resize the document. I'm making a book, so I need each page on the default page preset (Letter).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.