You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.6 - Beta 8)

On 23. August 2017 at 4:53 PM, MattP said:

This Beta has been updated to fix a translation issue as of 2pm (BST), Thursday 24th August

The corrected version (1.6.0.57) still does not work for some users:

30174896hw.jpg

On 25. August 2017 at 11:41 AM, MEB said:

Hi Oval,

Have you tried to reset the app? Does it still display this issue after the reset?

Of course! That’s why we tried to publish this. It is not only an issue. The app is not usable without tools etc. Users cannot reset the app (1.6.0.57) because it does not start (crashes) when pressing ctrl. The only way (besides devs know how) is to reinstall an older beta, change the language and install this corrected version 1.6.0.57 from 2 pm 43.

HTH

• Staff
20 minutes ago, matt said:

I can't save/as or export in this version?

Untitled.mov

That's very odd! We're not getting that here.... Can I ask if you restart the application, make a new document and simply add a rectangle, are you able to save it then?

Thanks!

Matt

• Staff
23 hours ago, bagmetv said:

Hi Matt,

Many thanks for new beta.

I see flickering when moving or creating (by drag) artboards.

Please have a look at screencast I have recorded:

https://we.tl/G2q30gmiiS

(I'm on Metal).

Cheers

Vitaliy

Hi Vitaliy!

Thanks for your document - I've now fixed the black flickering when moving artboards around in your document - it'll be in the Beta 9. Thank you again!

Matt

Thank you for the new node-directed operations, Matt! This is a great addition … :)

One little question: Is there a technical reason why we cannot set the W- or H-value of the virtual bounding box to zero through the Transform panel? That would be super-handy for aligning nodes. It looks like 0 has a special status. When you snap nodes to a horizontal or vertical guide or use the dynamic snapping options, the resulting H- or W-value 0 is greyed out on the Transform panel and cannot be changed. But you cannot reach this particular value through the Transform panel.

Updated Wednesday? Well I guess I'm not keeping track well.

Is that white revealing again? Sweet!

7 hours ago, Alfred said:

lipsrsealed2.gif

Need a hug?

Hey Matt, I did catch a little something, but it might be part of design. When you alt click the "Combine" option of two overlapping shapes, it puts them in a compound layer, but you cannot change the color of the individual shapes; only both at once.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

4 minutes ago, Bri-Toon said:

When you alt click the "Combine" option of two overlapping shapes, it puts them in a compound layer, but you cannot change the color of the individual shapes; only both at once.

That's just what 'Combine' does, Brian: it creates a polycurve, so the resultant layer has a single fill. If you think back to your DrawPlus days, you may recall that there's a 'Break Apart' command which (sort of) reverses the effect of the 'Combine' command; Alt+Combine in Designer gives you the same flexibility, but in both cases you lose all but one of the original fills and there's no way to get them back again.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Well I've been wrong before.

Also, I love the new feature to rotate nodes.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

2 hours ago, Bri-Toon said:

Well I've been wrong before.

Yeah, me too (once or twice).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Just a slight cosmetic issue:  "Right out of the box" beta settings have an issue with the shortcut for hide studio settings.   I seem to not be able to assign a keyboard shortcut here - and as you can see in the image the default setting is indicating a conflict error.

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 1.04.57 PM.png

17 minutes ago, RedGunner said:

Would be awfully kind of you if anyone could point out where the settings/preferences are saved for the beta versions of Designer/Photo.

~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner.beta/Data/Library/Application Support/user

~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner.beta/Data/Library/Application Support

in finder hit cmd shift g (Go to Folder) and paste 

just delete .beta or rename designer to photo to get the folders for the respective 

On 8/25/2017 at 6:18 AM, MattP said:

Hi Vitaliy!

Thanks for your document - I've now fixed the black flickering when moving artboards around in your document - it'll be in the Beta 9. Thank you again!

Matt

Guys - happy that you identified and fixed the flickering issue in Beta 9.  Just experiencing on my end as well.  Seems to affect a document with a lot of white in it.  

• Staff
12 hours ago, ianrobertdouglas said:

Please investigate the Undo function when working within symbols. A good 70% of the time, Undo crashes AD for me. And this has been the case for pretty much since symbols emerged.

We need a little more information though - because I’m not seeing the same stability problems. I’m guessing it may have a lot to do with the kind of objects you use inside the symbol, or the structure of the items inside the symbol? Maybe even constraints? It would help a lot to see a sample document that gives you issues as we can look through the document in the debugger and see what’s likely to be causing the issues you see... thanks for any help you can give :)

Guys, you have a UI bug on light mode; some of the icons in the preferences window, on the drop-down menu, are not fully visible unless you hover above them. I'm guessing you kept the positive version unchanged, and the white on white parts are, thus, rendered invisible.

Check it out:

Captura de ecrã 2017-08-27, às 21.54.03.png

Captura de ecrã 2017-08-27, às 21.53.53.png

BTW, I'm editing a piece of lettering with a crap font. Someone thought it's awesome to place 7 nodes seemingly on top of each other.

It'd be nice to have a counter for nodes as well. Not just items.

With Google Fonts for example the availability of really terribly made fonts has increased. Tools that help coping with that decline in outline quality would certainly be welcome.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.