You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Watermark to a Photo Batch

lynda

This could be 101 training, please be kind :) 

What's the simplest way to add a watermark to a batch of photos?

The Photos and Watermark are saved separately on my Desktop and I just want to merge in Affinity Photo and resave on desktop.

I have not done this with a watermark but I do run batch processes that execute macros.  I think these would be the steps you could take:

1. Create a macro for your watermark text and placement.

2. Run a Batch process that executes the macro you created for your watermark. 

When you run a Batch Job you can indicate: 

1. Which files to include in the batch,

2. What file types you want to save.

3. Where you want to save your output file.

4. What macro do you want to run.

If you go to the link posted below to the Official Affinity Photo (Desktop) Video Tutorials you will find a tutorial on how to create text, creating macros and batch processing. The tutorials on all subjects are excellent.

I am just a user of Affinity Photo and not a tech person on this site.  The area where you placed your question (Resources) is for resources being made available.  I think this is problem a better area in the forums for asking a question and getting a response from tech but I just can't think of it off hand. If you look at the titles of the various areas of the forum you may get other thoughts.  

EDIT: Just found the area on these forums for asking questions.  The name of the area is Questions.

Hope this helps.

Peace

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2017 at 10:01 PM, MarvinR said:

I have not done this with a watermark but I do run batch processes that execute macros.  I think these would be the steps you could take:

1. Create a macro for your watermark text and placement.

2. Run a Batch process that executes the macro you created for your watermark. 

When you run a Batch Job you can indicate: 

1. Which files to include in the batch,

2. What file types you want to save.

3. Where you want to save your output file.

4. What macro do you want to run.

If you go to the link posted below to the Official Affinity Photo (Desktop) Video Tutorials you will find a tutorial on how to create text, creating macros and batch processing. The tutorials on all subjects are excellent.

I am just a user of Affinity Photo and not a tech person on this site.  The area where you placed your question (Resources) is for resources being made available.  I think this is problem a better area in the forums for asking a question and getting a response from tech but I just can't think of it off hand. If you look at the titles of the various areas of the forum you may get other thoughts.  

EDIT: Just found the area on these forums for asking questions.  The name of the area is Questions.

Hope this helps.

Peace

Nice Information..! Thanks for sharing it. It will be beneficial for me 

Daniel Dixon

PHP Developer

8 hours ago, joeycastellon said:

Hi team,

I tried this batch watermarking, but I'm having trouble because the watermarks appear great on portrait orientation photos, but it is stretched in landscape orientation photos. What am I doing wrong? I even tried using the transform to the the exact size I need within the macro.

The problem with macros here is, that than they are recorded, they do internally take statically over the document sizes/dimensions (so to say like constants in a programming language) and thus later when replayed/executed always do recalculate with those initial recorded static doc size values. - Instead the Macros implementation would need to be rewritten in a way to be able to dynamically fetch and recalculate the document sizes they are executed/working on.

As far as the macro implementation can't initiate and handle a dynamic doc size value fetching, things like placing watermarks via a macro to exact positions for various different image sizes (portrait/landscape/...) is pretty useless here!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 6 months later...

am hoping the Affinity Team can come up with a batch watermark macro; there was one made for Photoshop CS5 I found via google search a few years back. I'd put photos I wanted to watermark in a folder on the desktop, select 'watermark' in menus, select the destination folder, position of watermark whether a graphic or text, and font/color, and it would run thru it in a matter of moments

• 1 year later...