You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artefacts when oversaturating an image with curves in LAB

• Staff
15 hours ago, TEcHNOpls said:

If you oversaturate an image in with curves in LAB colourspace you had ugly artefacts.

Do you have an image to demonstrate this please?

Also when reporting issues can you please refrain from reporting general bugs in the announcement threads. It makes it very difficult to manage the issues and communicate with people with all the cross talk.

Sorry about that. Next one will be in another thread (thou I must say, singular threads have lower response time and sometimes have none).

The errors seem randomish in nature, I had to partially mask the layer out for these to disappear.

error.jpg

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

• Staff

Thanks for the file! I've reproduced the issue and it looks like it is caused by the Depth of Field Blur placed after the Curves Adjustment in the stack. It's not specific to using the LAB curves, had it happen using RGB. I'll get it passed onto development! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

We believe this is fixed in the latest beta #62, Please retest to confirm.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.