You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush strokes - first point size glitch

Hello!

When drawing with the Pencil or Vector brush tool, there's a glitch in the size of the strokes's first point. See screenshot.

Unfortunately, that makes it practically unusable for my job at hand.

AD 1.6.0.80b

Using a Wacom Cintiq, and a Wacom Intuos 3. Same problem on both.

Deleting the first point does not help. The size information is just moved to the next point.

The latest stable, 1.5.3.69, has no stabilizer yet, and the stoke thickness changes strangely after lifting the pen. Can't use it, either.

Thanks!

test strokes.afdesign

test strokes.jpg

• Staff

Hi Tupaia,

I can reproduce this myself and agree it doesn't look nice. There is definitely something odd going on with the Pressure Curve's start. If you select a line and go to the Stroke Panel you can click 'Pressure' yo view the curve. You should see a bunch of nodes at the start of the curve. Removing these should fix your pressure 'blob'.

I'll get this passed onto development.

Hi!

Thanks! Didn't notice there's a pressure curve panel, very nice feature!

Hope this gets fixed soonish, since it can be a showstopper for brush-style artworks.

Here's one for the wishlist:

The pressure curve panel should be resizable.

5 hours ago, Tupaia said:

Here's one for the wishlist:

The pressure curve panel should be resizable.

Hello Tupaia,

I highly support this request. Thankyou for bringing it up again.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.