Hi mateuspollonio,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Does the original ai file have elements placed outside the artboard area? If so these elements will not be "imported" when you open the file in Designer since they are not included the PDF stream of the Ai file. Affinity Designer can only access the data from there since the rest of the AI file is proprietary. If you move all the elements in the original ai in Illustrator to inside the artboard you should then be able to access them when you open the file in Designer.

Got it, thank you MEB.

If you can answer this too, just to avoid create another topic, or if you prefer, i can create another topic...

Is there something like the smooth tool (illustrator) in af designer? to smooth the shapes created with the pen tool?

thank you

4 hours ago, mateuspollonio said:

Is there something like the smooth tool (illustrator) in af designer? to smooth the shapes created with the pen tool?

Using the Node tool on a selected shape, there will be a five button "Action" section in the Context toolbar. The third button (looks like a wavy line) performs a "Smooth Curve" action that can be repeated, but it may not do what you want. Try it to see what I mean.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1