You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sample workflow from NEX-6 to iPad Pro

Hi guys,

I have been looking into Affinity Photo and I will get iPad Pro 10.5 within the next day or two - I was curious if I could to all my photo editing by transferring RAW files from my NEX-6 to iPad Pro? I know I need a separate Lightning to SD card reader, however this will still be more preferable, as the Wi-Fi transfer with NEX-6 is a major pain.

Will the RAW Photos get saved on the iPad and will not be converted into JPEGs? After working in Affinity a JPEG file can be exported to Photo library, is that correct?

Sorry if the question is a bi vague, hopefully someone will have a similar experience and will be able to pitch in.

Also, sorry if this is a stupid question - does Affinity Photo compensate automatically for lens correction the same way Lightroom does?

Best,

Pawel

I do mainly vector work not photo's, but I have one of the sony NEX cameras at home so I can maybe try for you in a few a days. I havent imported things from the camera at all yet to be honest and never worked in RAW, but I intend to start doing so.  

AP does have raw support but I'm not sure to what extent. A few people have been seeing some bugs shooting in RAW but affinity is really working on it. Hopefully some other people will give you better answers as well. 

As for the iPad, get the 12.9 if you're going too work with photos like this. So much more screen, so much better... Also, if you want to draw on it at all you really want the bigger screen. 

Thanks for the reply! I noticed AP supports Sony NEX-6 for RAW (there is a list of compatible devices posted in the main section on this forum).

I was going to pick up the 10.5" Pro yesterday, however just after I went to the stand and played with the big version - long story short I ended up returning the smaller one, and I am waiting for the delivery of the 12.9". I just cannot get over how big the screen is - as you mentioned it will be great for photo editing, I also plan to play around with Procreate + since I ordered a 4G version it will be perfect for nice multimedia viewing.