Bauke

AF: Dual plane disabled in Live Perspective tool

Hello,

When I add a live perspective filter to an embedded document in Affinity Photo, I can't select dual plane.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a good reason for this?

Thanks in advance!

Bauke

Hi Bauke,

It looks as though the dual planes option is only available with the Perspective Tool and not the Live Adjustment. I have logged this issue with our developers to either have the drop down made available or removed from the panel.

Thanks

C

Hi Callum,

Thanks for your quick response. Let's hope they can enable it! Should the developers decide to remove it, please let me know what prevents it from working in the live filter.

It has great potential for live wrapping a book cover design (in Affinity Designer) around a 3d book mock-up (in Affinity Photo), which I now have to do in two steps (front and spine separately).

Best,

Bauke

Does it matter so much?

Make a duplicate layer and run the Mesh Warp Tool on that.

You can always run the Mesh Warp again to tweak or redo the original layer. 

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Hi Toltec,

Do you mean the perspective tool? In that case yes, I could rasterize it and use the non-live perspective tool to get the final result.

No it doesn't matter so much, but it would remove an extra step from the workflow and allow for live viewing the final result while designing the embedded document.

As I'm always on the lookout to improve and speed up workflows, I'm just curious what prevents dual panes from the live-version of the same tool. :)

In the meantime, I'll try to wrap the rasterizing and and appliance of the non-live perspective tool in a macro so that it would still be a single action to perform. 

Best,

Bauke

7 minutes ago, Bauke said:

Hi Toltec,

Do you mean the perspective tool? In that case yes, I could rasterize it and use the non-live perspective tool to get the final result.

Yes I did.

Slip of the tongue ;)

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.