You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm making a simple illustration for a website. In this graphic I'm making some basic shapes with the donut tool and the segment tool. I notice a very fine line around the shapes, that is displayed in the colour as the filling of the shape. You can see it around the head and the base of the little 'person'. It is also visible in the export to a PNG-file. Does someone know the cause of this and how I can prevent this?

statistiek sticker.png

• Staff

Hi rhvankeulen,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is due to the background colour bleeding thought the edges/boundaries of the objects (due to antialiasing) when you set the stroke alignment to outside or when you have two non-overlaping objects sharing the same edge/boundary. Set the stoke alignment of these objects to the middle and double the value the stroke's width to compensate for the alignment.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi MEB,

Following up on this, what happens when you have shapes set with 'No Stroke' (in AD), where the shapes themselves are perfectly aligned? The visual, on-screen effect is of a one pixel 'stroke' being added to the shapes, even though no stroke is set. I understand the antialiasing logic when exported as a png file, but you can still see these fine lines when exported as a pdf file (although arguably to a lesser extent), which is quite frustrating if your workflow is purely digital.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse