You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Spacescape

who8mypnuts

Other worldly! ;)

Exquisite color palette! Not sure where the fractals contributed but the result has a sense of depth to it, which really benefits a spacescape. Really like the diagonals!

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

10 minutes ago, who8mypnuts said:

;) Thanks!

The fractals were used to give textures to the planets. 

Just out of curiosity... what do you do? Use a fractal generation program, turn the good results into raster brushes you load into AP? Or maybe turn good fractal results into jpgs that you paste into AP and map/mask/blend onto your shapes? Hmm, now I'm out of ideas.

:D

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

1 minute ago, jer said:

Just out of curiosity... what do you do? Use a fractal generation program, turn the good results into raster brushes you load into AP? Or maybe turn good fractal results into jpgs that you paste into AP and map/mask/blend onto your shapes? Hmm, now I'm out of ideas.

:D

I have a library of about 800 fractals that I've created over that past 15 years or so. I use them as jpg/png and load them into a separate file to create the planet. I make the planet by combining the fractals with other textures or brushing and then "place" the planet into the scene once I'm happy with it.

I've seen loads of tutorials that talk about shadowing and adding clouds to the planet first, but I've personally found that I prefer to do this once the planet is in the scene. Then I can modify the atmosphere however I see fit rather than be stuck with the clouds or shadow in a certain spot.