You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer & Photo

I would like to see some kind of a contrasting color on the tabs so you can actually see them.  The dark interface and the tab colors are so much alike that it's hard to see.  One shouldn't have to work so hard just to see which tab is which.   Maybe make the tabs all white with black text? 

tabs.PNG

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

MaryLou,

Sorry, I didn't release that the lighter U.I. preference hadn't made its way into the regular release yet. The lighter U.I. helps for somethings but even with the the lighter U.I., the tabs are still hard to see (although a little better than with the dark U.I.). I agree, they should be easier to see. 

Hokusai

I did download the beta and loved the color.  I'm used to working on the lighter color interface.  I really dislike the black. It's so hard on the eyes.  Looking forward to the new release so I can dig in and enjoy the program!

Would be nice if they did something with the tabs - maybe an outline around each one. That would help a LOT!

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

MaryLou,

I actually like both of the U.I.'s to be honest with you. I something switch back and forth. I'm glad that the developers have opted to give us a choice. Something is needed to help make the tabs stand out and not all blend together though.

Hokusai 

That's the problem with the tabs, they do blend together which makes it hard to see what you're doing.  A nice edge around each tab would be a huge help.   Put a black line around them if you're using the light interface and just the opposite if using the dark one.

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

• 1 month later...