You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Very nice work, Bodo. I like how it has a painting style, yet it is still vector. I do a lot of cartoon work, but I would have no idea how to pull something like this off.

By the way, the link you provided seems to be broken now.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Awesome work  yet again.!...showing what this app is really capable of!.....

Those eyes are hypnotic..  must stop looking at the screen:D

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Did my eyes just glitter from saying, "Beauuuuu-ti-ful?"

In all honesty, this is very impressive work. It makes me wonder how you put this together. At a quick glance, it looks like her hair was made of shape object, but seeing the split screen, they are just line strokes (assuming profiling was added). Then I see that they fade and have blurs. Even the freckles look real. If you ever make a video on how you drew this or any other future portraits like this, I would be very interested to learn your style.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

On 25.8.2017 at 3:46 PM, Bri-Toon said:

Did my eyes just glitter from saying, "Beauuuuu-ti-ful?"

In all honesty, this is very impressive work. It makes me wonder how you put this together. At a quick glance, it looks like her hair was made of shape object, but seeing the split screen, they are just line strokes (assuming profiling was added). Then I see that they fade and have blurs. Even the freckles look real. If you ever make a video on how you drew this or any other future portraits like this, I would be very interested to learn your style.

Thank you, Bri-Toon ;) A tutorial costs a lot of time, but maybe I can make one soon. Thank you for your comments, I’m very pleased that you like my work :)

Illustration & Grafik bodobe.de

No problem. I have a friend on an art website who also makes portrait paintings, but she is merely new to vector, and she uses pixel tools. And she used some coloring and shading technique that was way over my head. I am interested in learning realistic paintings like hers, but vector is more of my thing. Seeing how you have a similar style, but in vector, it gets me interested.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Max N said:

Very cool!
If it's not a secret, how long does it take for such an illustration?

Hi Max N,

I needed about 5 - 7 hours for "Julee" (Unfortunately, I do not remember exactly), including the presentation. The eyes took up most of the time, they are the most important parts of the graphics. Maybe it can be made faster, but I like to take my time :)

Illustration & Grafik bodobe.de