You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.CCX Corel File Format

Another selling point for Affinity Design would be to be able to open .ccx Corel Compressed files.

People have to gone through so many weird hoops just to open these old files.

On Windows this is quite easy but on a mac that's almost impossible.

So being able to open FreeHand files and the Corel Compressed Files in .ccx format would just be beyond belief.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• Staff

Hi,

We will take this under consideration - we aim to eventually provide import for all common vector file formats. I can say with some certainty, however, that this will not make the initial release..

We were going to deliver import of Freehand files after the initial release but after learning more about the situation FH users are in on the Mac, I decided to prioritise it and deliver it with the initial launch. Promising to implement another import format before release would be impossible at this point - although I can promise that we will get to looking at it eventually..

All things, given time...

Hope this helps,

AndyS

Completely understandable.

It's great to know that this will be taken into account though.

Many thanks for a super speedy response.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4