You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help with export file names in Affinity Designer

Hello everyone,

I really love Export Persona in Affinity Designer - I work a lot with several image sizes for social networks, so I made up a template with several slices, one for each of my usual "destinations".

I've found that I can easily put slice name and sizes in exported image file name, and this helps me a lot when exporting several slices, and it's really great. 

Do you know if there's a way to put current Affinity Designer file name in the exported image file name? 

Or, as an alternative, is there a way to set "global" user variables, that I can automatically put in file names when I export slices?

thanks in advance,

gerlos

• Staff

Hi Gerlos,

There is no user variable you can set for this.  If you add the Filename to the name of the slice, when you export that slice you should find the Slice name is used for the Filename of that export.

On 22/8/2017 at 10:56 AM, stokerg said:

Hi Gerlos,

There is no user variable you can set for this.  If you add the Filename to the name of the slice, when you export that slice you should find the Slice name is used for the Filename of that export.

Sorry, I'm not sure to understand - how do I add the Filename to the name of the slice?

As in the screenshot, I can't see any variable that allows me to add the current project file name.

In the meantime, I'm adding it manually, as in the attached screenshot, but it's quite annoying do it manually for each slice, when you have 10 or more slices. 

Schermata 2017-08-23 alle 18.42.01.png

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Something like this?  Path is probably unnecessary if the saved files are relative to the current project folder.  The (only) is to suggest that the specific file extension is omitted.

image.png.9940066491bd042d01c5d188c6ad17bd.png