Stanley

[Fixed] Want to remove noto fonts

AP's list of available fonts in the Text studio includes many noto font families. I haven't installed any noto fonts. Other iOS apps that use system fonts (for example Apple Pages) don't show these fonts. My app AnyFont doesn't show noto as an installed system font. In my Settings/General/Profiles I don't see any profiles for noto. Therefore it seems that somehow the noto fonts are coming with AP.

I'd like to be able to delete these noto fonts, because they clutter up my font list. Other people would like to be able to delete them too, see this thread: 

Stan

Another possibility is that the noto fonts are part of iOS but are special fonts, for use in exceptional cases or for internal use only. In which case, the bug in AP is that it is treating noto as an ordinary system font and displaying it in the text studio in the list of available fonts.

Stan

Hey guys. They are installed with the iPad version but they should really be hidden. We just don't have a mechanism to do that yet. Scrolling through the font list is a bit of a chore at the moment as there is so many so I'll log this with development in the hope they can do something about it. Sorry for all the confusion. 

(I assume there is no way to turn this into a method for installing custom fonts to Photo and, later, Designer on the iPad. That would be awesome, but I fear there are internal restrictions of iOS … :/)

Hello A_B_C,

I don’t understand, what you mean.

Own fonts you can easily install on your IPad yourselves. I use therefore the app AnyFont, but there are other apps too, that can do that (look in the Apple AppStore). You can use these fonts in all your IPad Apps. So I installed all the fonts I use usually on my desktop PC without problems (but I never installed the „noto“ fonts).

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub beta (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English

Yes, I am using AnyFont on the iPad myself. In principle, you are very right. I must confess, however, that I find the current font installation process somewhat tedious, and since I don’t anticipate sharing any documents from Photo or Designer to other iPad apps, I would be happy if I could just drop my project files together with the required fonts somewhere in the app and start working. At the moment, I will always have to go through this cumbersome process of creating a profile … and it is downright impossible for me to install my entire font library on the iPad … hmm … :/

Hello A_B_C,

I have to agree with you: in comparison to Microsoft windows, the installation of fonts and also their deletion (is that even possible with "Apple Fonts"?) in the current iOS is not a pleasure. This should be improved by Apple.

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub beta (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English