CalebK

Affinity Exporter crashes just about every time

17 posts in this topic

It is really sad that most of my experiences thus far with Affinity Designer have all been crashes. On the exporter I have found it to crash a lot especially when choosing DPI on SVG export or DPI on PDF export. The worst thing is it remembers where you were in the interface next time you open so even if you close the app then reopen the app will crash upon export since it remembers you were editing DPI.

Hi CalebK

Unfortunately it is not something that I am able to reproduce. Is it a particular file you are trying to export? If so are you able to attach the file here?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

On 8/20/2017 at 1:50 AM, pruus said:

Which version AP or AD and which beta do you use?

I use AD 1.5.5 which is the most updated version (at least the App Store updates section says there is no updates for it)

On 8/21/2017 at 5:27 AM, Chris_K said:

Hi CalebK

Unfortunately it is not something that I am able to reproduce. Is it a particular file you are trying to export? If so are you able to attach the file here?

Thanks

It is not a specific file that causes this crash rather any time I try to mess with a DPI setting anywhere in the app whether it be on the export of a pdf or other rasterized formats or upon the setup of a new document. Any time I try to edit a DPI setting anywhere within the app it crashes.

Hi CalebK

Can you try holding down ctrl when starting the app and resetting the options from the dialog that appears and see if it is any better for you?

Thanks

Also removed and re-downloaded the app to see if it was merely a downloading corruption and unfortunately it has the same crashing error. I would highly recommend testing your app on a  15 inch MacBook Pro 2017 3.1GHz Intel i7 with 16GB of memory and Intel HD Graphics 630.

It also may be worth looking into if any of my other apps could conflict with the instructions run when someone touches the dpi box.

HI CabebK

Unfortunately I'm still not able to reproduce this.  Are you only getting it with a specific file or is it any PDf export at all?

Can you download our beta version from here and give that a try to see if it is any better for you?

Thanks

Thanks for the video and crash report. This is real head scratcher.  As you seem to have a fair number of other apps, have you tried it with every other app closed (including in background) so it is just Affinity so we can rule out interaction with any other app?

I'm going to pass the crash report on to the development team to see if they can pull something useful out of it

Cheers

I did my best to quit every application that showed up in the activity monitor the dock and the toolbar. The only one I couldn't close is wanderlist's toolbar but I doubt that is causing it.

Unfortunately the same error occurred.

Update: If you create a new user account it no longer crashes. Functionality is normal.

I have went through and deleted everything with affinity in it within my /User/Library folder to see if that would fix it with no avail. Still crashes but only on my main account.

How do I address this kind of issue?

I did notice something interesting on my new account that doesn't crash it would appear that the DPI box flashes briefly upon being clicked. It may be worth it to examine the stack trace to see why that is happening.

Here is a video of it

On 10/5/2017 at 2:45 AM, CalebK said:

I am sorry to report that this error is still occurring in Mac OS High Sierra

Hi Caleb,

It looks like our developers have put a fix in for this. Would you be able to try it in the latest 1.6.0 beta11 please and let me know the outcome.

Thanks.