You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot draw a straight line!

3 minutes ago, toltec said:

I've only just loaded Designer and actually learned a fair bit from what you posted, I didn't know about expand stroke.

So Merci :)

The method is a bit constraining but it allows to adapt the arrows to our needs. When a tool dedicated to headers and endings of arrows will be added to AD it will be much better and much more convenient!:)

I have copy some examples of simple arrows that I have already used and which I have saved in the "Assets", it allows to reuse them by modifying them if necessary.

Flèches.png

1 hour ago, PeterPanino said:

Why is the Line Mode button (or one of the other Mode buttons) not automatically selected when I click the Pen Tool?

The "Pen Mode" (leftmost) button is selected as the default when you open a document; however, any button you select after that is "sticky" for that document for as long as the document is open. So for example, if you click the Line Mode button, the next time you select the Pen Tool it will still be in Line Mode.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

26 minutes ago, toltec said:

I've only just loaded Designer and actually learned a fair bit from what you posted, I didn't know about expand stroke.

So Merci :)

Thank you Toltec for your comment, I am happy if I could help a little despite a method a bit constraining.:)

1 hour ago, PeterPanino said:

I have discovered that additionally after having drawn the line I have to pull on one of its ends to actually draw the line.

Why can I not simply draw a line like with a real pen in the real world?

Humor follows.

So the other day I took my old drafting table out of the basement, put it together, trued everything up. Still had some good paper, and one of  my Rapidograph nibs wasn't corroded. One of the india ink bottles was still wet.  So I proceeded to draw. I placed my triangular metal ruler on the paper with the mm scale at the top edge, and placed the pen end down. Then I moved to approximately 3mm to the right, and put the pen end down again.

!!There was no line connecting the entry points. 

I have to ask, whoever made this "reality,"  why is this is so-o-o lame!?. Do I actually have to drag the pen tip across the paper, and expect I must manually stop where the line needs to end? 

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

8 minutes ago, gdenby said:

I have to ask, whoever made this "reality,"  why is this is so-o-o lame!?

It is a well known bug in Reality 1.0. It will be addressed in Reality 2.0, but there is no ETA for its release. Unfortunately, since this will require a massive rewrite of the underlying code (a.k.a. the laws of physics) & an entirely new file structure incompatible with the current one, Reality 2.0 will not be backwards compatible with anything created in Reality 1.0.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Yes Reality1 has been quite buggy in places. Hopefully existing owners will get an upgrade discount to v2.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

34 minutes ago, markw said:

Yes Reality1 has been quite buggy in places. Hopefully existing owners will get an upgrade discount to v2.

I have tried the Alpha release of V2 but there were too many bugs for it to make sense,

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.