You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

As well as being available as an E-book it would be nice if the workbook was published with a spiral binding so it could lay flat when opened. Plus, you can have it open to a single page and flip it over to the next. That way they only take up the space of a single page on your desk. And hard cover books tend to get their backs broken too easily. That said, I still ordered a copy today.

I ordered both Books (German version) on Thursday evening direkt at the Serif Shop For the Designer workbook I got a confirmation email on Friday, that it has been dispatched. For the Photo Workbook I got nothing. Is it not available at the moment? Also an amazon.de it is listed as nit available.

Best regards,

Peter

• Staff
4 hours ago, Pebowski said:

I ordered both Books (German version) on Thursday evening direkt at the Serif Shop For the Designer workbook I got a confirmation email on Friday, that it has been dispatched. For the Photo Workbook I got nothing. Is it not available at the moment? Also an amazon.de it is listed as nit available.

Best regards,

Peter

It has been so popular that all the stock in Germany has sold out, we are shipping more today. Orders are on hold but we will be able to send them on Tuesday I think. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

For those interested in the technical workbook creation processes, there is some "Behind the Scenes" info on the Affinity blog:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 11/25/2017 at 3:53 AM, Toomas said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen the topic mentioned here somewhere before, but still… I'd vote to have the workbooks available as e-books also. I don't mind paying the €32.99 for the book, but the €17.99 for shipping (to Estonia) is what makes me think twice right now. Would be greate to have the book open in iPad and follow along on the computer.

I am from Hong Kong and the shipping fees to us is quite expensive. shipping fees cost half of the book. however , would love to own it, is just the shipping fees made me think twice now. anybody can show us ( with pictures ) if the book worth it to get it as it will cost me 56usd to get one to ship to me.

thanks in advance 

Won't get mine until I return home.  Stuck in the Moray Firth, sheltering from bad weather in the North Sea.  I might - might get back in a week.

I've been told there was a delivery attempt, from a ticket left through the door.

Here's hoping its there.

The book arrived and now that I have it I have a couple of questions --

Are the keyboard short cut panels supposed to be removable? If they are, how do you remove them without destroying the binding for the remaining pages?

How many hands do you need to hold the book open to a selected page while performing the steps in the exercises?>:(>:( Kind of emphasizes my previous comment that the book should have been spiral bound so it can lay flat without the need of any extra hands.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, resinolo said:

I'm asking again beacause I didn't get an answer. Why don't you deliver to Switzerland? How can I get this book???

Serif's fulfilment partner (Amazon) doesn't deliver to Switzerland, Russia, Norway or China. You should be able to order it from Amazon.fr or Amazon.it, but the shipping costs may be quite high.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
4 hours ago, resinolo said:

Thank for your answer. A pity that I live in Switzerland:(

Perhaps, but then you do get to live in Switzerland... 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon