You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Sandancer,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums

The Affinity Photo Workbook has never been sold. We were proof reading it on Friday and manufacture takes up to 6 weeks. Launch will not be until the middle of October, so the listing on Amazon should say 24-10-2017 not 2-10-2017.

Amazon.com do also sell the Affinity Designer Workbook, ordering from us. As I understand it Amazon.com delisted English Designer our book by accident, but getting it relisted is proving quite difficult, perhaps it is back now, like it is on Amazon.co.uk. The German one was not affected by this. I have heard that using the Amazon listing it is possible to send to some countries that our distributor (ironically a sub=company of Amazon) will not distribute to. The Amazon listing does not mirror the pricing on the Affinity Store.

All the other books on Amazon that have Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer in their name are not official Serif manuals.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 19/8/2017 at 1:26 PM, Patrick Connor said:

The Affinity Photo Workbook has never been sold. We were proof reading it on Friday and manufacture takes up to 6 weeks. Launch will not be until the middle of October, so the listing on Amazon should say 24-10-2017 not 2-10-2017.

I checked and it seems it's OK now:

Photo.png

Best regards!

• 1 month later...

The man from Del Monte, he say yes!

To the Serifs of Nottingham, we say Thanks.

Indeed Christmas will come early this year. 500 pages of glorious Affinity fun on old-school paper and ink.:17_heart_eyes:

Lovely stuff.

On 19/08/2017 at 7:26 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Location Nottingham, Serif Towers

Beware, Patrick. The massing hoardes will beseige your towers with book vouchers and carrier bags...

Affinity Designer & Photo  :  Win 10

• Staff

The Amazon listing is not currently accurate (or in our control, they are a law unto themselves).

The Affinity Photo Workbook launch has been delayed until after Affinity Photo 1.6 and Affinity Designer 1.6 (Desktop) is live and settled. So, as I have said in another thread, 1.6 will hopefully be in the next few weeks and the Photo Workbook will follow on shortly after that. 

The Affinity Photo Workbook will be in English or German, the same as Affinity Designer Workbook is, and we would like you to buy it directly from http://affinity.store. and not from Amazon anyway (they take a big cut)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 19/10/2017 at 10:40 AM, Patrick Connor said:

The Amazon listing is not currently accurate (or in our control, they are a law unto themselves).

The Affinity Photo Workbook launch has been delayed until after Affinity Photo 1.6 and Affinity Designer 1.6 (Desktop) is live and settled. So, as I have said in another thread, 1.6 will hopefully be in the next few weeks and the Photo Workbook will follow on shortly after that. 

The Affinity Photo Workbook will be in English or German, the same as Affinity Designer Workbook is, and we would like you to buy it directly from http://affinity.store. and not from Amazon anyway (they take a big cut)

Can you tell us the new date for release?

Nothing worse than telling your clients, that there has been a delay - with no projected likely date for resolving the issue.

12 minutes ago, Rigger73 said:

Can you tell us the new date for release?

Are you asking for the release dates of the 1.6 versions of the Affinity apps, or of the AP workbook? As Patrick said, they are hoping to release the 1.6 app versions in the next few weeks, & the workbook after that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Appreciate the response, thank you.

I was asking about the book, but glad you have answered about 1.6 release too.

As long as we are not looking at a release after Christmas.  I've been keen to get my hands on a properly issued workbook for some time now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
5 hours ago, InfoCentral said:

I guess there has been a slight delay with this release...

A few weeks yes, sorry. But not much longer 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

2 minutes ago, InfoCentral said:

Or whenever.  At this point in time I am hoping for an after Christmas release date.

Patrick wrote yesterday in another thread:

"Yes, it will be published in English and German at the same time. The stock is on its way out to the distribution centres for launch very soon."

Yes I ordered it at around 16:00 (Denmark) today and got an e-mail saying it was dispatched at 21:15. I’m not sure, but I think they are dispatched from the UK. It takes about 5 working days delivery. I’ve been watching on Amazon, but the Affinity Store was much cheaper.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the topic mentioned here somewhere before, but still… I'd vote to have the workbooks available as e-books also. I don't mind paying the €32.99 for the book, but the €17.99 for shipping (to Estonia) is what makes me think twice right now. Would be greate to have the book open in iPad and follow along on the computer.

<><