You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing when using astropad and painting [Beta]

First off, I am using astropad app on my ipad to mirror screen from my mac. I then use the apple pencil to interact with the mirrored screen. Just recently, AD crashes like mad when painting in draw persona with vector.

This is the error report. The program crashes when I am vector painting (draw persona) on the iPad. I seem to be able to paint (pixel persona) just fine. What happens is that while vector painting, the whole app will crash. Most of the strokes are not saved, even if I saved just recently. It seems to reset to a previous save, but still preserves a few strokes. Not one particular stroke seems to set it off, it just happens all of a sudden. I can eventually get the vector strokes in, but only after a number of stoke/save/crash/reopen sequences.

See attached file for the error report

error report.rtf

• Staff

I was using Astropad just last week with the 1.6 Beta 7 and I wasn't having any issues... Couple of things that might be having some impact for you, so I'll ask the questions: I noticed you're on El Capitan, any reason for that? (I'm on Sierra and High Sierra) also could you share with me a document that you're painting in (maybe just with a couple of objects so I can see what kind of things you're doing so I can try the same...)

Does the application have any issues if you try to do similar strokes with a mouse/touchpad?

Many thanks - I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this with some more information...

Matt

EDIT: Also, what Mac are you using? (Apple icon at the top left of the screen and then 'About this Mac')

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.