You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The move tool

I can't seem to move a small image the way I used to. Now when I try to move an image it stretches out wider . I placed an image of a child and when I tried to move it with the move tool it made the child wider than she was. It seems like your supposed to just touch the middle and not the points of the box that goes around the object. But with fat fingers is is impossible.

any suggestions would be appreciated 

I have an ipad pro 10.5 

With the last update of the ipad app a few days ago , suddenly I now have to zoom way in to be able to use the move tool. Was not a problem previously. Makes very laborious to move small layers to another position on a large layer. Have to zoom in/out many times to get it too the right place. I do a lot of this, so adds a lot of time to the project

Hopefully they will fix this. In other apps like Procreate you can touch anywhere on the screen to move the selection.  I'm surprised that more people aren't complaining about this. I hope that they here us !  All in all the app is great, it is fairly new and I'm sure they will work it out.  I love affinity photo❤️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thought I’d chime in on this as it really is a pain. Even with an Apple Pencil and even clearly selecting in the middle of an object the result is than handles are moved to adjust width or height rather than the object being moved. The only solution is to zoom WAY in. Probably adds 10% (maybe more) to the time it takes me to do any project with such elements. And just makes the process frustrating. 

Please, please fix!

Web & Graphic Design @ beardyguycreative.com

Kit: iPad Pro 12.9" and 2012 MacMini

• 5 months later...

I've just bought Affinity Designer for iPad as I like the desktop version very much. Some objects are extremely difficult to move as they are resized instead. It seems like the transform points are responding in a very large area around the actual points. I also hope there will be a fix for this problem, as it is very annoying for me.

I too just bought Affinity Designer for iPad and am having trouble moving an object. When I try to move a selected object, I just get the selection band instead. However, if I select an object, hold down the pen over the object and sweep an arc over the selected object, then it will move as expected. Kind of quirky, but it works.