GarryP

Taking the way-back machine to the 80's

14 posts in this topic

Here's a silly bit of nostalgia for those in the UK of a certain "vintage". (All done in AD.)
I think I've managed to get the screen reflection and graininess of an old TV about right but it's just a bit of fun.

Time to get a cold can of Quatro out of the fridge and sit back to watch The Gaffer on TV.

ceefax.png

stokerg, MEB, markw and 11 others like this

Thanks MattP.

I used to do the quiz, where you had to keep going back to the start if you got any answer wrong. (Although you could cheat by seeing which button gave you a different page number from the rest and that was the one with the correct answer!)

You don't have to stop watching CEEFAX. Have a look here: http://www.pagesfromceefax.net/
Up-to-date information, but shown in a more relaxed and civilised manner.

Alfred likes this

Nostalgia isn't what it was, is it? I can't imagine what today's youngsters will have to look back on. 

Bri-Toon: Thanks. Unfortunately it's not before my time.

MEB: I was thinking about doing a Spectrum experiment. Any ideas?

Kasper-V: I guess they'll be wondering how we all coped without augmented reality glasses.

AffinityJules: Yeah, I know what you mean.

Kasper-V likes this

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:32 PM, Kasper-V said:

Nostalgia isn't what it was, is it? I can't imagine what today's youngsters will have to look back on. 

The year is 2060, Serena gets into the driverless car which arrives at the same time every day to take her to the Elon Musk building where she works as an engineer on the Lisbon to Rio vacuum train project.  In a brief intermission between the mandatory Google ads, she turns to a fellow passenger and says "Hey remember the good old days when we used to buy and drive our own cars"...

Kasper-V likes this

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

Public transport passengers talking to each other! Whatever next?

LOL! "If God had wanted us to make eye-contact on the Tube, He wouldn't have given us the Evening Standard!"

Alfred likes this