Hello! I was wanting to suggest adding a feature in the application that gives us the option to retain or sequentially name our saved files just to keep everything organized better.

As it is now for me I plug in my SD card to my iPad and import photos to the camera roll, then I import that image from photos into the Affinity application. Is there another way that I can import the images to keep the file names?

I edit quite a few files at a time and in Lightroom Mobile it retains the file name even coming from the camera roll, I am hoping it can be implemented in a future update for Affinity!

Thank you so much :)

Hey Brooktree, welcome to the Affinity Forums. 

I logged this will development a few months ago but they stated that images from Photos do not display a filename. You stated Lightroom retains the filename which I just checked and you appear to be correct. I've queried this with the dev team to see if we will ever have this functionality.

Thanks for raising this. 

12 hours ago, Chris B said:

I've queried this with the dev team to see if we will ever have this functionality.

Did you hear anything on this? I'm not sure what a normal timeline for things like this is, thank you!

Hey Brooktree,

I bumped the original bug report I made a few months ago and another colleague has bumped it at the weekend. If we can make enough noise development may pick this up. If I get any feedback from development, I'll let you know.