hbutz

Kerning not reading properly from psd files

When I open a file created with Photoshop in .psd format I see random issues with fonts.  The auto kerning parameter appears to be read incorrectly.  As I used the navigator to zoom in and out the font would be drawn incorrectly and with random spacing.  Once I clicked on the font with the font tool and re-selected "auto" kerning it started to behave.  It's like it was uninitialized after I read it - behaved a bit odd when I tried to set it.  Once set, it snapped to what it was supposed to be.

I have Affinity Photo v 1.5.2 on Mac 10.10.5.  Here's what I see when I zoom in and out.  I am not resizing the image.  I am just using the navigator to zoom the current display.

fontissues.thumb.jpg.4f00b754e40ce3b9184a0a50786ead2d.jpg

sure thing

On my Mac, I tried opening this psd file with Affinity Photo just now and the fonts display incorrectly as a I zoom in and out.  I closed the file and re-opened with Adobe Photoshop Elements and it displays fine.  The file may have been originally created under the Windows platform.  The font in question was installed on both machines - a publicly available font available via dafont free download although I have seen this problem with other fonts as well.

Edited by hbutz
removed personal work files

Thanks for that! I've reproduced it myself and also on a new PDF using Arial. It is the use of Point Text I think in Photoshop that is causing it. I'll get it passed on.

Thanks again.

EDIT:

Just tried it in the latest beta 1.6.0 B7 and it appears to have been fixed in that. Feel free to give it a go yourself here :)