You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Simpel remove yellow background of old newspaperscans

There is a selesction Tool tonal selection under Select section and I suggest selecting Shadows (it will select all the black from the text) and Introverting it or you can just select midtones and correcting the selection if it's incorect. Then just make a new layer and Bucket Fill it all white.

I would turn images to greyscale and use curves to lighten paperwhite to desired lightness. Possibly darken blacks too and set midtones to give text desired boldness. I assume readability is the aim of this operation (maybe ocr would be also desired).

If the text is all you are after, you may find that modern OCR software will convert it into text with no problem. Otherwise I would concur with the previous posts.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

19 hours ago, pruus said:

I have several scans of old newspapers. The newspaper background is yellow/brownisch by time. What simple steps can i take for many scans to correct that old by time newspapers? 

As the above suggestions, assuming they are black and white newspapers?

If not (or just as an alternative approach) go Layers > New Adjustment Layer > White Balance

Select "Picker" and click on the paper with the crosshairs. Finish off with levels or something.

news1.jpg

news2.jpg

news3.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.