You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have some brushes that I mostly use as stamps for grime, noise etc. They are set to have a random rotation, so that each time you click the brush, it rotates the brush shape. There seem to be two brush previews--an outline one that shows the basic brush, with no rotation, and one that is a preview of how the brush will look that is full colour, and shows the re-rotation of the brush each time it is stamped. Is there any way to disable the outline preview, or have it also rotate?

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, Leigh said:

Is it possible to tell me which app & operating system you're using? Are you using a drawing tablet? This information will help me look into this further for you, thanks :)

I think the OP is referring to this, which is present when using both a graphics tablet or mouse.

Video:
Affinity Brush Preview.mp4 (file no longer available)

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:13 PM, artemesia66 said:

I have some brushes that I mostly use as stamps for grime, noise etc. They are set to have a random rotation, so that each time you click the brush, it rotates the brush shape. There seem to be two brush previews--an outline one that shows the basic brush, with no rotation, and one that is a preview of how the brush will look that is full colour, and shows the re-rotation of the brush each time it is stamped. Is there any way to disable the outline preview, or have it also rotate?

Unfortunately you can't disable the static outline.  You can go to Edit > Preferences > User Interface > and untick 'Show Brush Previews', however it disables the wrong preview IMO.  It disables the real-time brush view (which is the useful one) and keeps the static outline (which is the annoying one that most people want to disable).