You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Fixed] How to remove fonts

In Affinity Photo iPad I see over 60 "Noto" fonts from Noto Sans Avestan to Noto Sans Yi. In my opinion these are all the same. They do not appear in Pages and are not displayed in the app "anyfont".

What is the point? Are these fonts necessary ? How can I remove them?

Datei 17.08.17, 19 52 26.jpeg

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English

• Staff

Hi KoBu,

The iPad app doesn't come with any fonts itself so these fonts weren't installed by Affinity. You would have to try and use a font manager app to uninstall these fonts from your iPad.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Here's my thoughts:

Ipad AP shows iOS system fonts: fonts that come with iOS and ones you've added using an app like AnyFont. Noto fonts don't come with iOS so you must have used an app like AnyFont to install them on your iPad. The Noto family of fonts has over 100 font files (sets) in it and it sounds like you have most of them installed. Presumably they all display the characters you are seeing (a...z A...Z 0...9) the same and differ in the 'foreign' characters they have.

I'd try this:

Go to iOS Settings/General/Profiles and delete all your noto fonts.

Go to google fonts (or similar) and download one noto font, the one that has the 'foreign' characters you want, if any. Or just get the basic font.

Open the font file in AnyFont and install noto in iOS.

Good luck

Stan

Thank you Callum, thank you Stanley for your answers.

Now I know, that another app installed these fonts. I didn't it myself. I don't need noto fonts. Unfortunately I don't know, what app is responsible for this (I had these fonts long before I installed AnyFont yesterday).

I tried to delete them in iOS Settings/General/Profiles, but there are only my five fonts I installed yesterday with AnyFont.

It seems I have to live with 60 noto fonts, or is there another way to delete fonts that are not visible in the Profiles?

excuse my bad English

That's puzzling. My experience is that installing fonts into iOS (for use by all apps) always creates profiles. The internet says:

Fonts for use across apps are packaged in configuration profiles, which otherwise serve to configure virtual private networks, disable games and unsafe web sites, locate network printers, and do other things that matter in corporate environments.

So I'd expect any app installing system fonts to create profiles. Also, I'd expect you to be asked to confirm before the fonts were installed.

I'm sorry, I don't know of a way to delete your noto fonts.

Stan

I have the same issue, tons of Noto Sans xxxx fonts showing up only in Affinity Photo on iPad.  I've opened almost all of my apps that allow me to use fonts and Affinity is the only app that shows those fonts. And, they all look identical. Any ideas on how to rid myself of these things?

Thank you Stanley for your research.

I will have to accept it. Maybe I find a way to delete such internal fonts sometime.

excuse my bad English

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Thanks for your help with this bug. We have now resolved the problem and will make the fix available in the next iPad & Mac release.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 year later...

Could it be that this one has been re-introduced with the 1.7.3 (or macOS Catalina) update? I see long lists of Noto Sans fonts i'm not interested in.

By the way, macOS, so should be in another forum, but since this entry already exists...

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

14 minutes ago, RNKLN said:

By the way, macOS, so should be in another forum, but since this entry already exists...

This thread is for an issue which is specific to iPad and is marked as fixed, so it would probably be best to create a separate macOS thread.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)