You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Weird width to height ratios

Can someone explain why there are the following size differences of my OMD E-M1 pics, depending how I process them:

1) When I open an ORF file, Affinity Photo recognizes it as 4640 x 3472 (Windows 10 recognizes the ORF file as 4608 x 3456 (right click, properties, detail); same for Lightroom: 4608 x 3455)

2) When I open an out of camera jpg file with Affinity, it is recognized as 4608 x 3456)

3) When I develop an ORF file to an jpg file with Affinity Photo and save it as jpg, the jpg file has 4640 x 3472

4) When I develop an jpg file with Affinity Photo and set the width to 4608, the height has only 3448

4) When I develop an ORF file to an jpg file with Affinity Photo for iPad, export it with a preset and open it in Affinity Photo, it is recognized as 4608 x 3456

4) When I develop an ORF file to an jpg file with Lightroom and open the resulting jpg in Affinity Photo, it is recognized as 4608 x 3456

Why does Affinity Photo for Windows produce different aspect ratios compared to Lightroom an Affinity Photo for Ipad?

4640 x 3472 and 4608 x 3448 have the same ratio, but 4608 x 3456 is another ratio! Are these pics "sqeezed"?

Regards,

Tschens

I think some raw conversion processes are set to crop ORF files bit differently. Seems in ORF there is some meta preference to crop some outer pixels off the final image and some converters honor that bit differently than others. I don't think differences hava any real world impact.

I had a similar problm with .jpgs and .dng files taken with my Canon Poweshot, using the Canon Hacker's Kit. It seemed that when developing the .dng files, ACR was applying lens corrections. Maybe something similar is happening here.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630