You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Modify export locations?

I'm new to using Affinity Photo and am working on an iPad Pro.   I'd like to be able to export edited images directly to an external drive or back into Apple's Photos library.   Is there a way to add export locations into AP?   Haven't been able to find this option anywhere, but it seems too basic to have been left out.   Thanks,

Dave

• Staff

Hi Whidbeydave,

Welcome to the forums.

You can export the final image to the Photos app using Export > Share and then select Photos. More export locations can't be added into the app, using Share you can select some of the other options that iOS provides. Some apps for other services such as cloud or images sharing also get added here, if they have been designed that way.

I've wondered if there is any possibility down the road to be able to sync between Ipad and Mac apps.  The only way I see to even save a finished file from my Ipad is to save to Icloud Drive and open on Mac and save to external drive (I would likely save or export to Photos app on Ipad also)--well, there's Airdrop also but haven't tried that-and I also have a WD BT drive--which may be a possibility and then transfer finished to Mac/externals--I haven't checked to see if its app is available for sharing .  I'm still debating about cancelling my Lightroom;Photoshop subscription--have not worked out a good workflow yet with Affinity on the Ipad (I do have the Mac app also--but prefer working with the Pencil on my 12.9 Pro--I've also used Astropad with my Ipad and Mac)).  It will require a good DAM for my Mac and exporting finished files in some way to my Mac.