You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Document Size not exported to eps or ai

When exporting a document as *.eps or (saving as *.ai) the resulting file has an A4 document size when opened with something other than Affinity Designer. The drawing spans the original area but page size does not.

I have created a couple of new blank files at different sizes and they all open with A4 document size in other programs.

Am I missing something in the export page?

Thanks in advance

• Staff

Hi TwoLeftSheep,

Welcome to the Forums :)

Please could you provide one of the .afdesign files in question so I can look into this for you?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Callum.

Apologies for double post. Sent again this morning through frustration - I have wasted hours with this now. More patience needed in future :)

See attached afdesign file and eps exported from that file. A1 Page in landscape.

The eps will open correctly in affinity designer - not in any other program.

Document Size A1.afdesign

Document Size A1.eps

• Staff

If i open your file in PhotoShop it shows the correct dimensions however it is rasterised. I have gabbed a random EPS from the internet and that is doing the same thing yours are when I open it in Adobe Illustrator. What other software are you using that is doing this?

Thanks

Callum

I've tested with Photoshop CC (i agree with you, but I need as vector), Macromedia freehand mx, illustrator CC, Libreofficedraw.

The shape remains at correct proportions, it's just the document size not working in most programs I'm confused by.

Cheers

• Staff

Hi TwoLeftSheep,

I have noticed that when I open a document in Illustrator it automatically applies the last document preset I picked to it please watch my attached video. I have a feeling this is why they might always be opening at A4 in your Illustrator.

Thanks

Callum

AI preset.mov

Cheers for the video, that makes some sort of sense. I am novice to this sort of thing but after a bit of reading around is the following in anyway true?

The eps opened with correct workspace in affinitydesigner. Does affinity designer save its own bit of information in the eps?

Programs other than affinity designer are treating the eps as an object within their defined workspaces, therefore do not recognize the page size information? 

Thanks for your time on this