You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Possibilities using Affinity Macros (similar to PS Actions)

One of the strengths of PS is the huge community around PS Actions and the use of these. Are there any similar for Affinity Macros (I know of the Macro Pack, but that's is not what I'm looking for)? 

I assume that some/most of the Affinity Photo users are moving from Photoshop to Affinity Photo (or at least know what you can do in PS), so I would suggest that the Affinity Photo team create some examples of macros to show how to do the “same” things as some of the PS Actions. This would also encourage the Affinity Photo community to contribute to making Affinity Photo a true competitor to PS. 

For inspiration and examples of what I'm talking about, you can take a look at https://www.youtube.com/user/sevensmalltrix/videos and at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7n-z4UZScI9OEURz_i7H0Q/videos

If this already exists somewhere, I apologize and ask you to point in the right direction to where I can find it. 

Affinity macros are very useful but still far more limited as compared to the PS actions. No compatibility at all, I believe.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Agree, that there's no compatibility, but you can still do some (most?) of the same things in AP that you can do in PS in regard to manipulating your photos/pictures. So, I wasn't asking for the possibility to use PS action in AP, but rather to see some good AP Macros that did the same thing as the PS Actions.. 

• 5 weeks later...
21 hours ago, TheFeralOne said:

this sux... all the actions I made, all the actions I purchased are all worthless now to use in affinity photo. 

:(

TheFeralOne,

You'll get over it .. :D  I felt the same way about PaintShop Pro... I've written over 20 scripts (macros) to make that software easier to use and to do what I needed (i.e. luminosity masks, auto align, etc..) But, I found that Affinity Photo does almost everything I ever scripted much better and faster.   As this software matures, I'm sure the Macro's will get better as well.