Sorry, but i have to complain now, that the first Hype is over.

I use a AMD System with latest Windows 10 Professional. Fonts are managed with FontExplorer and every App can use the Fonts i activate - but not Affinity Designer!

It is so strange: when i boot my System, fontexplorer is on autostart. when i open up affinity designer, some activated Fonts are shown, some not. When i re-activate those Fonts, designer Shows me the font-cache pop-up message, bit the font is not there!!! I have to restart designer and THEN the Fonts are there!

Another issue is that the app often crahes with Code 0xE0434352

All Icons in the UI are broken, shown in some Kind of b/w when no file is open. When a file is open, most of them are diplayed correctly, but some not.

Don't get me wrong, but i would rather do my work then figuring out those Things and complain in a Forum. I got the Feeling that Affinity runs way better on Mac. Am i right? Do i have to Switch? And do you offer some Kind of "accommodating " discount to a costumer who needs to switch to another OS because the software is not usable?

A word about my Setup: i do not install games or unneeded crapware. i keep my system slick and clean. Every professional app is running smooth - all issues i have are with Designer (as i dont use Photo much i cant complain about that one...)

The reason your icons are showing with a white background when disabled is because WPF is unable to render the UI using a hardware renderer. This indicates either a very old GPU (which I imagine isn't the case as you're using Windows 10), or a problem with your GPU or driver. Are you referring to the latest release (1.5)?

Hi! My APU is a AMD A10-7850K, Radeon R7 - no issues at all except with Designer. I Keep every single App and my System up-to-date all the time. The only Problem i got with the latest Windows update was the Driver of my USB Sound Adapter; i had to re-install that Driver, but that was it.

It looks like there might be a DirectX problem with that chipset:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/amd-radeon-r7-graphics-inbuilt-on-amd-a10-7850k/203e0e0d-474e-4d41-bbe0-a0092b5677f6?auth=1

That would explain why you see the invalid icons (which is actually fixed in the latest customer beta). 

Do you get prompted to upload a crash report? Have you tried the latest beta to see if your problem has already been fixed?

The hidden fonts issue will require a fix going in. Unfortunately Microsoft provide no convenient way of determining whether a font is hidden (they seem to keep that for themselves), but I should be able to do it. Hopefully I can do that for the 1.6 release.

Yes, i made several crash reports. 

I appreciate your help here in the forums but actually, my situation is, that i think i need to go back to my Mac because i cannot invest so much time in workarounds. If i would use the software only for fun, it would be OK. But i have to earn money and believe me or not, atm it is unprofitable to work on the windows platform. When i bought photo and designer (and also the designer workbook) i believed your words that the apps are working exactliy the same way on both platforms...

What hurts is, that i have to buy both apps again, just because i can't use them the way you told before...