You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

App Crash on Photo Access

Hi - my name is Mark and I'm a photo-holic. It's been 24 hours since I last held a camera...

Hi Mark !

Im just getting started with v1.6.3 on my iPad Pro 12.9" w. 256Gb storage, and I am noticing an odd behaviour

when I attempt to open a file which has been imported from Apple Photos as CR2, developed, and then lightly edited, I can export to a JPG and share the photo.

this sharing could be 1) back to the Photos app, or shared to my WD NAS device, or shared via Social media. I then Cancel out of the Export pane, and continue about my daily life.

But the NEXTtime I try to open the image, the app crashes. When I double-click the home button the screen shows the Export pane, then launches the usual Affinity Photo startup graphic.

it is not isolated to just one image. I have created a couple of project folders and the behaviour seems to be associated with the last photo I edited.

the photo is properly exported - it shows up in the Photos app as a JPG, or on the NAS device. The original CR2 is intact in the Photos app.

so I think this is unexpected behaviour.

i look forward to your continued support with my "Addiction" !

Mark

• Staff

I apologise for the lack of response. We don't always have time to reply to every post but we do read them. It is also unfortunately bank holiday weekend for us so most of the team are in the sun. Thanks for your report and we will be looking into the issue. For now, you can try going into your 'iPad settings > Photos & Camera > Optimise iPad Storage' to see if it helps.